Chapter 4 Kia

I wake up to the smell of pancakes and bacon and hurry to get dressed. I forgot all about Jamel and I turn to wake him up but he's already gone.

I head down stairs towards the smell and I smile when I see ZZ cooking.

"ZZ! What you cooking?"

"Pancakes, bacon, and eggs. Why you want something else?"

"Nope." I steal a piece of bacon and head into the game room looking for Jamel.

I find him slouched in the corner of the couch with a headset on and a blunt in the ashtray beside him. I hate when they smoke only because I don't engage in that type of behavior, but I can't stop them. I lay on his chest and he looks down at me and smiles. I look up and pucker my lips and he returns the gesture planting a light kiss on my lips.

"You ok?"

I nod and cuddle up against him. I know he cares about me and hates to see me down but this is something I'm not used to. They're planning on taking my father away from me for 3 years, I can't let that happen. I sit up and take the headset off of him so that I can get my mind off of my fathers prison situation.

"I wanna play."

He laughs and watches as I get up to grab another controller and a headset.

"Nah ion want to hurt your feelings by whooping yo ass."

I laugh. You're in my house. Playing my game. That I picked out. And he thinks that he's going to beat me? That's dead.

"Well how about we make a bet?"

"What kind of bet?" He smirks and I can sense the interest in his voice.

"Whoever looses has to be the winners slave for a week."

"What kind of slave?"

"Slave of choice."

He raises his eyebrow and smirks. I laugh a little and plop on the couch beside him, going back to the home menu and putting the game on multiplayer.

"Imma whoop yo ass I don't like to loose." I say before placing the headset on and starting the game.

We play for a while and I let him win in the beginning to hype his head and let him think I made a bad decision. When the games over I win and he throws the headset on the floor and storms out the game room.

I always knew that Jamel was a sore looser but I never thought it was that serious. Maybe its because I'm a girl and I beat him oh well. He'll get over it.

I turn the game off and head towards the kitchen to see if its food left over for me.

"You ain't hear me callin yo name?" Kole ask as soon as I walk in.

"Nah I was playin the game."

"Oh well yo food in the microwave. Sit down so we can talk."

I nod and grab my food then I take a seat at the island while she shuffles back and fourth from the fridge to the counter making her morning smoothie.

"What you need to talk to me about?"

"Daddy's lawyer called and she said that she was gonna try and do everything that she could but it wasn't a for sure chance that she would be able to get him out"