Chapter 3

I wake up the next morning with a slight ache in my back wondering where I am until I feel a pair of broad arms wrapped around my small frame. Staring at the wall bits and pieces of the night before start to come back to me and I start to cry a little.

I don't know what I would do with out my father in my life again, that man is my best friend. He taught me everything I needed to know about the streets, about boys, about how to save and double your money. Anything useful that I could possibly think of my father is the one that taught me it.

I wiggle out of Zeus's grip and I get the sudden urge to use the bathroom, but I get up too fast causing a my head to spin and me to grab it and the edge of the night stand before walking lazily to the bathroom with my phone in my hand. Scrolling down Instagram to keep myself occupied, my phone starts to vibrate vigorously with worried text from my dad but one sticks out more than the others.

Daddy: NIKOLE DEMIR I SWEAR TO GOD WHEN I GET A HOLD OF YOU IM GOING TO CUSS YOU THE FUCK OUT ANSWER YOUR FUCKIN PHONE BEFORE I BREAK IT!

I immediately call his number and try to sound as sweet as possible to calm him down, maybe I should start crying so that he'll feel guilty and won't yell at me anymore. He answers on the third ring and doesn't even bother to speak. Rude much?

"Call my lawyer and tell her to come and talk to these fuckin people down here at this police station, they talking about they got months worth of shit on me but ion believe it. Tell her come ASAP because they talkin about I might not be coming home with all the shit they got on me. And next time you don't answer your phone for me you wont have one try me if you want to Demi."

"I'm sorry daddy I was in the bathroom, but ok I got you I'll call you right back."

"You can't call me back baby girl they about to book me just come down here with her if you want to talk to me and I need y'all to live big while I'm gone ok?"

"It's that serious?"

"Yeah baby girl I'm sorry I really fucked up this time, but look I got to go I love you"

" Ok I love you too"

He hangs up and I flush the toilet and wash my hands before going back in the room with Z and sliding on a pair of his boxers and a big t-shirt before waking him up and rubbing the tears begging to fall from my eyes as my chest heaves up in down.

He wraps his arms around me pulling me closer to him and rubbing small circles in my back to calm me.

"Anything you need baby I'm here for you ok?' I nod and kiss the bottom of his chin making him smile and return the gesture by kissing my forehead lightly.

"Can you take me home? I have to pack and move."

"What you mean move? You leaving me?"

"No my dads in some trouble so we have to stay in a safe house until he comes home he doesn't think it's safe for me and Kia to stay out here while he's locked up."

He nods as if he knows what I'm talking about but no one really knows how often this happens. Now that we're older, people that hate our father see us as cash and something that can take care of their pedophilic like thoughts.

We get dressed and head down to the car before heading back to my dads house to pick up my sister and so that I can pack a few things that'll last me a while at the new house. I text Kia and tell her to pack what I need the most and to meet me outside in ten because I'm on my way back to the house. When we pull up she's in the driveway smiling hard as hell.