[8] Introductions and Internet addictions

For all the support & encouragement (: thankyou <3

This chapter took a while cause I've been away, but here it is! Oh and Jasper's coming up in the next chapter and Eli in the one afterwards :D So don't freak out that this has taken a turn down boring street, Mr. Cutie & Mr. Hottie are coming ;D (I mean.. supposing this Jasper guy isn't any other those other guys....)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C H A P T E R  E I G H T 

Hey, my name is Jasper Fletch and I believe I won your cleaning and cooking auction. I’m seventeen years old and currently live with my flatmate in an apartment block in Flipswick. I, as well as my flatmate work multiple part time jobs which means during most days the apartment will be empty and available for you to carry out your job. I am willing to pay the hourly minimum wage for your services, but don’t mind if you want to take the weekends off. There is a spare room in the apartment for you to stay in free of charge. You didn’t state that you provide your own equipment, but the cupboards here are a little on the empty side, so I recommend you bring your own supplies. I’m also willing to pay for anything equipment you may need to purchase.

I’m not sure when you will be beginning work, but I’m home today and tomorrow if you want to drop by and check the place out. My address is at the bottom of this e-mail.

Your bank details were automatically sent when I won the auction, and I have deposited $543 into your account. I wouldn’t say my apartment is a bomb site, but it is well lived in and I’m sure an experienced cleaner like yourself could sham the place up a bit.

I’m looking forward to meeting you,

Jasper.

          I braced myself for the rainbow wave of clothes, cosmetics and useless junk that crashed on top of me the second I opened my wardrobe. My room was organised in a way that would turn most people bald. Every time they wanted to find something they’d end up ripping their hair out with stress the moment they looked in my landfill of a bedroom. But for me, finding something was blatantly simple. If it was something I used frequently it would be on the floor, and if it was something I didn’t often use it would be in my wardrobe.

          When I’d scavenged through the wave that had collapsed into a heap on the floor I finally found my bag. It looked as if it’d been squished by a ten tonne rolling pin. It had been pancaked at the bottom of my wardrobe for years, I mean it wasn’t often I went to a sleepover or took a vacation anywhere and needed it. Why take a vacation when your house is just as good as a five star resort? And why would any of my friends have ever wanted me to go to their place when my place had an indoor swimming pool, complete with an inflatable obstacle course and slide? My bag pretty much rendered useless, which explains was why it was at the bottom of my “stuff I don’t use” wardrobe.

          “Now remember,” I told myself, “Your name is Candace. You’re a poor, high school drop out who’s stooped so low as to sell herself on eBay to make a bit of cash over the summer.”

          While sitting cross legged on my bedroom floor I began to sort the rolling ocean of clothes surrounding me. I ended up with two mountains, one built up with designer clothes and the other with regular clothes. I mean, Candace Summers wasn’t going to waltz up to Jaspers apartment in a Dupioni silk summer dress and diamante studded stilettos. I could already tell this was going to be a fake denim shorts and dollar store jandals summer.