Chapter 42- Bubbles, Brian, and Beating Hearts

Chapter 42

Everyone has their own bubble. They get wrapped up in their own lives, tangling certain people up with them in their maybe perfect life. Or maybe their not-so-perfect life. And it is my greatest pleasure to be tangled up in Spencer Gold's not-so-perfect perfect life.

"Say it again." His breath tickles my face due to the close proximity.

"I'm in love with you Spencer Gold, I'm so in love with you that I didn't have the courage to admit it to both you and myself, until now." I trace his jaw line as I stare deeply into his hypnotizing green eyes. "I'm in love with you so fudging much. You have lifted me up out of that depressing slump I was living in for months. That slump where I pretend I was the happiest person in the world. But now I truly am the happiest person in the world."

"That is not possible," Spencer pauses as he stares back into my blue eyes. "Because I am the happiest person in the world."

I giggle and look down. "How about we make a deal, you're the happiest guy on the world and I'm the happiest girl."

"I can live with that." Spencer smiles at me.

"I'm continuing my sappy love confession right now okay, so be prepared to feel like crying?" I crack a joke as we hold each other's hands in front of us.

"Okay, but just to let you know I won't." Spencer makes the tough guy look.

"I was a boring person. Focusing only on soccer, school, and my fantastic fangirl shrine at home. But then you shook me out of that boring bubble the second you drag me over to your table at lunch on the first day of school. The day you gave me pizza, the day I met basically all of our friends, and the day we showed each other just how different our personalities are." I look down at our hands interlocked together, the hands that fit perfectly. "And you showed me that I could still be a somewhat boring person, but in an incredible bubble. An adventurous bubble where that guy shows you how to do graffiti, where I skated on an ice pond, bowled for the first time in years, and where I learned how to fall in love."

"No need to interrupt or anything," He grins at me. "Though I feel the need to tell you you're whole love confession is way better than mine was, already."

I laugh and roll my eyes. "You're just saying that. But seriously, you're the absolutely perfect guy to fall in love with. And it was probably the hardest yet easiest thing I've ever had to do in my entire life."

Spencer leans down and slowly tilts my chin up with his finger. "And loving you is the absolute easiest thing in the world for me."

I close my eyes as I feel his soft lips on mine.

I know I've said this many times, like when Spencer brought me on our first date, when we ditched school to visit the abandoned building, and many other times. But really right now, standing in between a forest and a crummy pit stop with a beautiful sunset, I feel like I'm in paradise. I can feel both the rush of adrenaline, and the content flutters of the butterflies in my stomach. And it's all simply because of one thing. I'm with him.

"I love you kitten." Spencer stares down at me.

"I love you too Spence." And I stare back at him.

"Yes! Finally!" Spencer hollers happily, looking up into the sky and pumping his fists up in victory.

I giggle as I watch him do a hilarious dance.

"Why are you being such a spaz?" I hear Mrs. Golds voice come.

I turn to my side where the gas station is.