Chapter 3- Olaf and the Obnoxious Girl

Chapter 3

The mystery guy was all smirks. As we went to the opposite sides of the field, I watched as his buddy said something to him and he rolled his eyes.

Lily and Grace ran up to me. "Just beat him please?"she says.

"Who even is he?" I asked Grace. I don't think she would know. But she did.

"That's the one guy I told you about earlier. He and my sister go to the same school. My suited goes on and on about him, it's so annoying. And they play on the school soccer team, and I think he is the team captain, I'm not sure though. My sister some times drags me to their soccer games while she is suppose to be babysitting me. I always play dolls during they're soccer games." She said with a hint of concern, probably for me.

"Oh, don't worry I'll beat him." I say with all confidence I can muster. Oh no.

"Yay go Jess, you can beat him!" Lily cheers as the two girls skip away to the sidelines. Wait, where is Sam? I look around,where the girls are, but don't see him. I turn to where the two stranger dudes are and see... Sam talking to the mystery guy. Then suddenly I see the resemblance. They both have soft light brown hair and bright emerald green eyes. And now that I think about it I do remember Sam mentioning how he had an older brother. Well, I know who he is cheering for.

I quickly threw my hair into a messy high ponytail with the spare hair elastic that was on my wrist.
I can so do this. I thought to myself. I triple knotted my shoes for good luck.

"So are you ready to get beat by a girl or not?" I shout to my opponent from across the field.

"Are you ready to be proven wrong blondie?" He shot back. Oh he did not just go there. At my old school, everyone expected me to be stupid because I was one of the few blondes there. After my parents died they got the courage to call me stupid and blondie repeatedly.

Hoping he didn't see the sadness in my eyes I shouted back at him. "Can we please just start?"

The other dude, his sidekick, whistled with his two fingers in his mouth and yelled. "Game on." He threw the ball high in the air signalling the beginning of the game. I ran towards it. So did he. I knew he had the advantage since he was like 6'1 and muscular, while I had a petite frame of 5'2. So I jogged backwards waiting for him to dribble towards with the ball.

He gives me one last smirk. I roll my eyes back at him.

He dribbles to the left of me passing it back and forth between his feet. When he has it back in his left foot I take this as an opportunity. I swipe the ball from him with my right foot bring the ball to me. I then dribble with the ball towards his open net. He is way behind me, still shocked as to how I have the ball.

I then take a nice perfectly curves shot with my right foot at the net, it curves into the left side of the net. Lily and Grace cheer from the sidelines.

I turn around to see him half shocked, half amazed.

"Never underestimated your opponent." I say to him smiling to myself. My mom used to say this to me and my team. I'll win for you mom.

"Don't worry I won't." He says as his buddy throws him the ball. "You got lucky anyways." He adds, then walks over to the middle of the field to start another play.

Once I walk over to the middle he starts his play. He dribbles it in between his legs once again I prepare myself. He tries to trick me by kicking the ball in between my feet. I let him think he won, then stop the ball as it is about to pass through and in between my legs.