Chapter 28- Operation Cute Couple and Promises

Chapter 28

Once when I was about 8 years old my parents brought my brother and I to the carnival. There we had a blast playing all those games, eating cotton candy, going on all those rides, and really just spending time together. But there was one event that occurred that I will remember for the rest of my life.

Out of the corner of her eye, my mom spotted an old run down booth, which was labeled Fortuneteller from the future.

Once we got inside the booth is where the real magic happened.

After my dad fished a ten dollar bill out of his pocket, the woman talked.

"Would you all like a fortune?"

My parents looked back and forth in doubt. They only came here to for Nathan and me to get a fortune and the experience of a lifetime.

"Sure. If you wouldn't mind." My mother shrugs.

"How about we let you all go first as a family fortune." She asks but it comes out as a statement not a question, because somehow she has already gotten us all seated down beside each other.

"Hold hands together in a line and I shall hold hands with the last person." That last person just so happened to be me. As she took our fortune I took note of how this worn down lady did this. She closed her eyes and furrowed her brows in concentration. This is probably when my parents got the feeling she wasn't just some phoney trying to make a couple of bucks.

The woman opens her eyes after a few seconds.

"There will be something so drastic that happens to you all, that it may or may not create fights. But don't be afraid for someone will be saved with God's greatest might."

And with that she stopped giving us the pitiful look. The next thing I swear did happened. She quickly, so fast it was barely visible, looked down at me with a flash in her almost dead eyes.

"Who would like to go next?" She tried to change the cold topic, as she sensed the worry in my parents.

Nathan then raised his hand, being the type of brother at the time to only care about himself. Or maybe he was also worried, as he was already twelve years old.

Next the fortune teller told him he would become so great that he may create something so fine for this world.

"Well, it looks like we saved the best for last." The lady gives me a big, strange smile, showing off her yellow.

I was flat out frightened. Not just now that it's my own turn, but the whole fortune telling thing. What if they tell you something you never wanted to know? What if they reveal too much about your future? Let's just say this next fortune was one of the two. Or maybe even both.

She lightly grabs my hands in her wrinkling ones, like she did with Nathan.

I oddly wasn't squirmy, as I sat completely still, as if I knew it wouldn't work if I was bouncing up and down or fidgeting.

The woman opens her eyes to look at me. Even at eight years old I can sense how serious this is.

"There will be a series of exactly three events within the next decade. They are the three most important moments in that time, like a parade. One will be a accident, such a shame, and things will never be the same. Another will be a game, that will lead to a persons certain fame. One will be a kiss, that leaves you so bliss, with someone who rarely speaks your name."