Chapter 39- Future, Fights, and Freak Outs

Chapter 39

Timing is everything in life. It determines everyone's life. From the moment a child is born it's life begins with one single fact. The time and date it was born. And when that child begins to grow up timing begins to play a bigger part. The time it was in the same spot in its soon to be best friend. The time they graduate from elementary school. The time they met their new friends. The time they were in the same spot as their soulmate. The time I was at the park the same time as Spencer.

And timing certainly has been playing a huge part in my life lately. Especially when it comes to soccer. But don't forget the fortune of Coraline Sarafian.

"There will be a series of exactly three events within the next decade. They are the three most important moments in that time, like a parade. One will be a accident, such a shame, and things will never be the same. Another will be a game, that will lead to a persons certain fame. One will be a kiss, that leaves you so bliss, with someone who rarely speaks your name."

  Because that game, will have to be exactly on my birthday. The last day possible. The day marking a decade since we went as a family to her. And went back to her as two orphans, a torn different family.

But the real question is, who is that person that will gain fame from the game? The game that will supposedly be one of the three most important moments in my life from when I was eight until I was eighteen.

"Oh my gosh," I say with a blank face, yet I show many signs of shock, but none of them are a grin or smile. "Really?"

I still think of Coraline Sarafian's fortune. The one that must conclude that this game that will happen on my birthday and will signify something great. A persons fame. But that could also be something not so great, I guess I will just have to find out. And so will whoever this person is.

"You don't seem happy." Spencer scans my face as he drops his hand from my cheek.

"Oh no I am!" I break into giant smile, ignoring Spencer's suspicious look as I grin over at the team. He knows somethings off, and not just because he can tell my smile was fake at the beginning.

But really, I'm ecstatic for the game. It's not only going to start up on my 18th birthday, the day I become an adult, but that means that we will continue playing soccer more and more together until we all graduate. And according to the fortune teller that game may also start off someone's fame and maybe career as a soccer player.

They all grin back at me.

"So how exactly did it come about that it would be on my birthday?" I turn to ask them after I hug them all.

"I guess it was just luck." Dominic shrugs. "Coach said that it would start up anytime around April, and it just so happened to be scheduled on your birthday."

"Well, that's awesome!" I reply, nudging him in the shoulder. "And you better keep out all those shots that day..... Just for me." I give our goalie a pleading pout.

"And you better not flirt with him..... Just for me." Spencer grumbles to me and lightly grabs my arm, dragging me away from him.

I look behind me to see Dominic grinning as I roll my eyes at Spencer's antics. "I was just joking around babe."

Spencer stops a few feet away from them and looks down at me, his eyes slightly softening. "Bye boys, get on with your lives!" He yells over his shoulder to the team, not breaking eye contact with me.