//45//

Once they dragged us far away enough from Vosch's office in a long hallway one of the soldiers pulled out his gun ready to end our lives. Zombie shoved him against the wall and the gun went off almost hitting me. The soldier grabbing my arm let go and tried pulling out his gun but I grabbed him from behind and chocked him with my arm against his neck. He reached out and squeezed my shoulder making me scream out in pain. I quickly snapped his neck and he dropped to the floor dead. I took his gun from his pocket.

Zombie knocked out the other soldier out with his gun.

"Shoot him" I said as I whipped my nose.

"This will keep him down for a few hours"

"I'll just do it myself" I loaded my gun and shot him on the head. "There" I said and began jogging away.

Zombie took out his tracker and threw it to the floor. He pulled out a knife he had in his pocket and cut mine out. We ran down the corridors trying to get to Sammy.

"Hey!" A girl yelled as zombie raised the gun on her. She had blonde hair and gorgeous green eyes.

In one sharp move she took the gun away from zombie and had it pointed right at us.

"Don't move! Don't move!" She yelled as the gun shook in her hands. I held mine up to her head.

"Okay okay!" Zombie yelled as he raised his hands up. "Cassie?" He said in a hush tone. "My name is Ben Parish we use to go to high school together"

"I know who you are" she mumbles.

"What squad are you in?" Zombie asked.

"Um... I-I'm looking for my brother Sam." She mumbled. This is his sister, she's still alive. All this time i thought she was dead.

"Sam? Sammy Sullivan right?" I asked.

"You know my brother?" She questioned.

"Yes I do, we're in the same squad. We're trying to get to him right now" I said.

Their was a very loud announcement that made me cover my ears.

"Their sending the kids off to war. Sam is about to get on one of those planes" zombie says.

"They're about to go! We have to go, if he gets on one of those planes we will never see him again! Do you understand?" I was being a bit harsh but we didn't have much time.

"Alright" she gave in and gave the gun back to Zombie.

We began running through the halls again.

"Hey! This is a restricted area" some soldiers said as they started pulling out their guns.

"Hey it's alright" I said.

"On your knees!" They yelled.

Zombie and I raised our guns ready to blow their fucking heads off. When someone fell from the air vent from above us. He quickly killed the two soldiers and I knew my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.

Zombie raised his gun in the air.

"No it's fine he's with me" Cassie said.

"Evan?" I questioned, rubbing my eyes gently so I know I wasn't hallucinating.

"Killer? Is that really you?" He smiled as he ran to me and embraced me in his arms. "I thought you were dead!"

"I thought you were" I wrapped my arms around his torso.

"You two know each other?" Zombie asked.

"Yes it's along story. And we don't have time" I said as I pulled away and looked at Evan, he looks exactly the same way as when I last saw him.

"Evan what are you doing here?" Cassie asked a bit angry.

"Helping you" Evan mumbled breathless. "Who's he?"

Zombie still had his gun pointed at him.

"Ben parish" I still don't get tired of hearing that beautiful name.

"Ben parish?" Evan questions as if he's heard the name before.

"Yeah.. He was just here. I told you not to follow me" Cassie says as she shakes her head side to side.

I looked over at zombie trying to give Cassie and Evan some privacy. But then I remembered my letter. That piece of paper in an envelope is still hiding under my pillow ready to be opened and read. I can't just abandon it here, after all I've been keeping it safe for many months, almost a goddam year. No fucking way I'm ditching it now. Is a piece of paper really important that I'll risk my life for it? Yes it is. Especially since it's from my parents.

I looked over to Cassie and Evan and saw them locking lips. I turned away and let them have their moment.

"Go! Get out of here! I'll find you! Killer please help them get out of here!" He yelled as he started backing away. I gave a sharp nod. I hope he's not saying goodbye because he's not dying.

"Who was that?" Zombie asked.

"Evan Walker" she sighed.

"Okay so this is what you guys are going to do, you want to go straight ahead, turn two corners to the right and then up the stairs and then two lefts the kids should all be out there. Find Sammy and then get out through the gate where all the cars are at. Zombie get them out of here alive" I said quickly as I began walking away.

"Wait where are you going?" Zombie questioned.

"I forgot something, don't worry about me. I'll meet you guys outside now go!" I yelled.

"No I'm not leaving without you killer" he said as he grabbed my arm.

"Do it for Sammy. He needs you right now. Please go save him. I'll be fine. You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only chance you have, now you have to prove that to me" I said as I kissed his cheek softly. "I'll see you soon!"

I turned away from him and ran away from him. Please don't let this be the last time I see Ben Parish...