//31//

Reznik and Vosch came into our bunks extra early today. By the looks on their face they had news for us.

"So I know what happened to Killer was tragic but she would of wanted all of you to move on" Reznik said. She doesn't know what killer wants so just shut the hell up.

"More and more kids arrive to this camp each day so the squads will start to expand."

"what are you trying to say?" Flint asked.

"What I am trying to say is that... We have a replacement for killer"

Vosch's words hit me like a truck. Killer can't be replaced she's one of a kind. Who is this person they dare call killer's replacement.

"Come in" Reznik said as she moved out of the way.

And in walked a girl I've never seen before and if we weren't in this apocalypse I would assume she was a model. Her skin was tan, her hair was black like coal and her eyes were sparkling brown. She was a gorgeous girl. Not as gorgeous as my little killer.

"Meet your new squad member, Red" Red? Pshhh, that's the most stupidest name I've heard in this whole camp.

"This is Killer's replacement?" Flint chuckled.

"You'll be sleeping in Killer's old bed, next to that little guy over there" Vosch ignored Flint's question. But it was easy to assume she was the replacement.

I quickly got up to my feet and got the old letter from her pillow case and shoved it into mine. The reason I didn't move it earlier was because I thought killer would be coming back, and she will but I guess not today.

Reznik and Vosch walked away and that's when everyone stared at her. We stared at her every move making sure she didn't mistreat Killer's old bed. I could see Peanut and Nugget whispering to each other about the new kid. They giggled and made it so obvious.

"Red" I had to get her attention to explain to her the rules. "So you wake up at five, make your bed quickly and-"

"It's okay they already explained everything to me" her voice was so soft almost like a child's voice.

"As squad leader I have to repeat these rules to you, I don't want you to give Reznik a reason to make us do suicides all day. But since you know so much I won't repeat them, you better not be a fuck up because then you'll have to deal with me." Just as I was about to walk away I turn back around to look at her, "and don't ever interrupt me again, I don't do that bullshit"

Maybe a little too harsh but a kid has to learn. Maybe I'm mad because they replaced killer with this Red girl.

The rest of the day was like usual, breakfast, training, lunch, training, dinner, and training.

Red wasn't as bad as I thought she would be. It doesn't change the fact that I still don't Like her but it makes me kind of hate her less. But of course Killer was way better.

"Who's killer?" Red asked as we were all laying down on our beds.

It felt like a bomb went off, everyone sat up and stared at her.

Peanut hoped off her bunk and walked closer to her. Oh no this isn't going to be pretty, I won't even stop her because then I'll be the one getting beat, and whatever happens here it's non of my business.

"Someone you don't deserve to know about. Keep her name out of your or I'll cut your tongue out"

I turned away so I won't be a witness of a murder.

I heard Peanut's tiny feet climb up to her bunk. The worse part is that peanut sleeps above Red so she'll most likely kill her in her sleep.

The lights went out and I almost fell asleep instantly, today's been a really long day.

Days passed on and I felt meaner, I did catch myself being extremely rude to Red.

It wasn't until later that night around two in the morning that I started hearing banging on the door and then it finally opened. It was hunter.

Behind Hunter were a bunch of other kids running.

"What's going on Hunter?" I asked still a bit sleepy. At this point everyone was sitting up and putting on their boots including me.

"It's killer... She's alive"

-

Well what do you guys think?!