//41//

We were sitting down in the helicopter ready to take off. Zombie was in front of me with Ring-ring on his left side. I had peanut on my left side and Flint on my right side.

"Where's Nugget?" Ring-ring yelled through all the noise but even then her yell was slightly hearable.

"Food poisoning!" Zombie yelled.

I looked over at red and she was looking out of the helicopter. Her hands were shaking, I mean who wouldn't be scared?

After a few minutes of flying through the air, in the distance a bunch of black smoke emerged from some burning building. Great fire... I hate fire.

We passed the burning buildings and landed on an area that the fire wasn't insanely burning down buildings. They made us jump off the helicopter as it was still a few feet up in the air. I fixed my helmet before getting off.

"Good luck" one of the soldiers from inside told zombie as she gave him a slap on the back.

Once my feet hit the concerted floor it was war time. I felt chills run all through out my body and the energy running through my veins felt like a sugar rush. If I die then I'll die fighting for the people I care about.

"Stay close" zombie whispered. We all followed him in a straight line

Ringer was right behind Zombie, I kept Peanut in front of me. She held her gun close to her body as if it was going to run away.

We all started jogging behind Zombie and pointed our guns towards the tall building and looking around to see if anything was glowing green. I won't lie my heart was kind of bothering me from all the fast beating.

Zombie gave us a signal to stop. I looked down at peanut that was crouching down behind a truck. My head snapped towards a building, voices were coming from inside.

I pointed my gun towards the building ready to shoot whatever comes out.

Come on out you freaks.

"Oh shit it's working" Flint whispered.

He's right, once the abominations stepped out of the building they started glowing green.

"Got you mother-" ringer-ring was cut off by the others shooting our way.

I ducked down once Teacup started screaming. I couldn't come back up since Peanut's arms were wrapped around my torso tightly.

"Peanut stay down!" I yelled and pulled away from her.

I got up quickly and started shooting at the green blobs. Two of them fell on the ground dead. The guns firing made my ears tingle and the way the riffle pulled back on my shoulder made it feel like someone was punching me.

"Coming this way!" Ring-ring yelled.

I started shooting at the army coming our way.

"Run for the alley!" Zombie yelled as he kept shooting.

"Go go go!" I screamed pushing Teacup to run faster.

Everyone started running to the alley. My boots stepping on puddles of water almost made me slip.

"Killer!" A little voice yelled.

I looked around and noticed Peanut was missing. I looked behind me saw her hiding under the truck with one of her hands covering her eyes and with the other holding her gun tightly.

"I'm going to get peanut!" I yelled and ran back.

Guns started going off again. A couple others were running towards me. I shot every single one in my sight.

"Cmon peanut! Get yourself together!" I yelled as I grabbed her arm and pulled her up.

"Run run run!" I yelled as I covered her.

I started running behind her shielding her body with mine.

Zombie grabbed my lower back and pushed me in front of him.

We ran into the alley and every corner we turned we fired out guns. There were so many freaks every time we turned a corner.

"To the bus!" Zombie yelled.

The little ones ran across the street and into the bus. There were some others inside the buildings watching us from the Windows.

"Duck!" I yelled as I pushed ring-ring to the floor before the thing on the rooftop shot her. I reacted fast by shooting him right on the head.

She looked up at me and gave me a look of respect. I extended my arm towards her and a few seconds later she took it. I helped her up and continued running towards the bus.

"Get in!" I yelled as I pushed red inside the bus.

I made sure everyone was inside before I went in and closed the doors. I immediately ducked down as the others shot through the glass.

"Killer! Where is she?" Oompa's voice yelled.

"I'm here!" I said as I raised my hand from behind a seat.

"I thought you got left out, don't scare me like that" he breaths out.

Do these people actually care about me? It's a nice feeling to be liked.

The moment didn't last long before I knew it oompa was down on the floor, shot dead. He was dead before he even hit the floor.

"No oompa!" Dumbo yelled as he rushed to his side.

I was frozen and couldn't even process what was going on. He cared about me and I never really noticed him. I always thought he was just some person in the squad but no he was a friend. And I don't know what this feeling is that I'm having, it's like a cut twelve inches deep that's been rubbed by a lemon. It just hurts.

"Killer! We have to do something!" Dumbo yelled. I snapped back to reality and ran to  oompa's side.

"He's dead" I choked out the words. Not because I was crying but because my throat was dry and I couldn't even say those words.

Dumbo turned off the light on his helmet and said his goodbyes.

"Don't worry, you didn't die for nothing" I said to the dead boy.

I didn't even know his real name..

-

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

I literally got chills writing it!

Until next time!