//6//

After the day was over I could hardly walk, if i was sore right now tomorrow was going to be even worse. Every thought that crossed my mind, pounded against the walls of my brain. Every step i took felt like i was getting slapped by a hot runner band. Every time I spoke felt like I was getting punched in the throat. Every time I gulped down my saliva it felt like I was choking on a cup full of blood.

"Private killer, a word with you now!" Reznik calls out.

What now? Another kick or punch? just what I need. To get beat down to my knees and beg her to let me live to keep my promise to Sammy.

I limped towards her and held my left side just in case.

"What makes you think the back talking you did earlier is okay?" She asked. Her voice so loud even though she was talking in her normal voice. I stayed quite because if I said the wrong thing I didn't want to get hit again.

"You aren't a little kid that will go running to mommy every time there's a problem, you're a soldier now. Understand that" she said through glittering teeth. She took a pause before continuing. "You listen to me carefully, you pull something like that bullshit again, and you, private killer..." She took another pause and looked into my eyes, I didn't dare to look away even if my life depended on it. "Will be over"

"you'll kill me?" My mouth spoke before my brain could even process it.

"No, but you'll wish you were dead" she said.

And just with that she walked away back into camp.

I wish I could tell her off and tell her what she really is, a bitch. it's been three days in this camp and my life is already worse than hell.

I walked back to my room and saw the whole squad crowded into a ball with someone in the middle.

"What the hell is this?" I asked pointing to the people in the ball.

"They brought a new member into the squad" Flinstone says.

They all broke apart and they were crowding around the tiniest girl I've ever seen in my whole life. She was maybe 7. She had shiny dirty blonde hair, huge brown eyes and small freckles covering her rosy pink cheeks.

"What's your name?" I asked.

She looked at me and then to the floor.

"What's your name?" I asked louder.

Yes I am in a bad mood and I'm tired. I'm covered in dirt, my whole body hurts and I could still taste blood in my throat.

"Peanut" she whispered.

"Don't worry she's not mean, killer here has a soft spot for little kids. It's her weakness" Reznik said entering the room. She just doesn't stop. "Adding another kid to the squad isn't going to make you softer, right?"

I looked at peanut and then at Sammy.

"No ma'am" I said barley above a whisper.

"I hope not" she walked away, shutting the big steel door behind her.

"What squad did you come from?" i asked her.

"I-I didn't come from any squad. I just got here" her voice was gentle and sweet.

"you'll sleep on the bunk on top of mine" i said.

she nodded her head and grabbed her uniform waiting for me to show her the way. i stumbled over to my bunk with nugget on my left side and peanut on the right. I showed her, her bunk and she had a bit of trouble getting up so i helped her out. i sat on my bed with a low grunt.

"let me see" zombie said sitting down next to me.

"its nothing, probably just a little scratch" i said and closed my eyes as i grabbed where it hurt.

"let me see" he repeated.

I looked over to Sammy and saw him talking with dumbo. I raised up my shirt carefully. I swear i heard zombie let out a small gasp before covering it up with a gulp.

"is it bad?' i asked.

he touched my side and i flinched backing away from him.

"Killer, you have a a huge bruise, your whole side is purple. Lets go see the dr.pam. I think you may have broken ribs" i shook my head and just laid down. "I'm fine, i swear"

He decided not to argue with me. I pulled down my shirt and looked at zombie. He sighted and patted my shoulder.

I was still kind of angry about earlier. Not about the beating but because I didn't get squad leader. Of course I was jealous, I took a beating and kept going and kept asking for more. Maybe that's what Reznik wants, for me to show weakness. Sorry Reznik but you don't scare me.

Zombie stood up and fixed his shirt, he looked at peanut that was unpacking her backpack and taking out the stuff they gave her when she arrived.

He stood still, his posture perfect. Maybe that's why he got squad leader because he listened and was disciplined.. Or maybe because he's everything that they want, he's perfect.

"Private peanut" zombie called out.

"Welcome to squad 53"

-

Sorry this chapter was short! Next chapter I'll make it a little longer to make up for this one!

Please comment and vote! :)