//15//

I walked back to the bunks with the rest of the squad.

"Nice going killer!" Flint hollers.

"Shut up dumbass" I mumble.

"That would of been a good fight, but zombie here had to ruin it for everyone" Flint groans.

"Just shut up, whenever you talk It makes me want to kill myself" I say and roll my eyes.

"Wow, strong words." He giggles and grabs a towel from his bed.

Everyone soon heads to the showers and I'm left alone with zombie.

"Killer" he calls out.

"I'm busy"

"Just listen"

I didn't say anything, I just let the awkward silence take over.

"I did see when she cheated.."

"Then why didn't you say anything?"

"Because it was just a stupid race"

"That's all? A stupid race? Everything has a purpose zombie it's not just a stupid race. That race showed how we worked individually. What's our flaws, apparently mine is being 'clumsy'." I say and slip off my boots.

"You should of handled it like a true soldier, not by acting up and picking a fight."

"Yeah whatever. You're squad leader and I'm just another idiot that listens to you" I faked a smile and grabbed my towel.

I began to walk away but he grabbed my arm and turned me around.

"What does that mean?" He asked, his face was inches away from me.

"I've been following your stupid rules every single day since we've been here. You don't even know what you're doing, do you?" I say and pull my arm from his grip.

"No I don't killer! Because I'm a soldiers at 17 years old! So no I don't know what I am doing!" He yells.

"Well times a change! You're not Ben Parish anymore! You're zombie! Now stop being a little boy and be a man! Grow a pair of balls and get your shit together because if you keep acting this way we aren't going to make it! And you know it!" I yell just as loud.

"And you stop acting like something you're not! Show something else besides being tough and mean! You won't be able to hold it together for so long, thats all we need to have you breakdown in the middle of war! I won't be there to help you up." His words sank into me like venom.

"Don't worry I won't need your help! Im not like you zombie! Im a real soldier! Real soldiers don't sit around mopping about their fallen loved ones! Real soldiers are strong!"

"Oh I'm sorry killer! I'm sorry for missing the people called my family! What about Toby? Isn't he important to you? Yet you act like you don't give a single fuck about him!"

"What about sissy? Huh? You didn't try to save her! I stayed with my brother until he took his last breath in between my arms, I was there!"

"You don't talk about her! You have no right! I don't care who you think you are! You talk about my sister like that I will take you down! You don't understand what happened and you never will!" Each time he yelled he walked closer to me and he was hovering over me. His eyes watery and his finger in my face.

"What don't I understand? That you ran away like the wuss you are? I looked up to you zombie! I admired you! I don't know who or what it was? Was it Ben Parish's sweet spot for kids just like me? Or Zombie's way of showing us hope ? I don't know what it was! But now you're nothing! Nothing!" I yelled and pushed him back hard, he stumbled backwards hitting the bunks behind him.

"Im glad you feel the same way. But I'm squad leader, you do as I say. I may not know what I'm doing at the moment but I'll figure it out. All I know is that I'll die to keep this squad safe." He lowered his voice and looked me dead in the eye.

"You may be squad leader but even you know that I'm in charge around here"