//18//

*1 week later*

Zombie..

Killer. The first time I heard that name being called out at roll call I expected one of the guy's to stand up but it was a girl, A short petite girl. At first I thought she's not that bad, there's no way she killed anybody.

Oh boy was I wrong. When she told us her story I couldn't believe it or maybe I didn't want to believe it. But she proved it the first day of training. She spoke up for nugget the smallest of us all. Nugget and her share a special bond, maybe because of her dead brother.

I've always had a special interest in killer. She's mysteries and tough, but what's really under all that act? Shit maybe I'm wrong, she definitely shows more guts than any one of us maybe even the soldiers in this camp. I don't know why I got squad leader when she clearly won that tittle, maybe Reznik tried messing with her. It's obvious that killer wants to stab her to death.

There's something about her that just isn't right. She's open about her life, her family and relationship but I have a feeling deep in my gut that she's not telling us something, something we should know.

She's on her bed talking to Sammy and giving him a wide smile. Wow just looking at her smile makes a small grin form on my lips. She does things to me. She drives me crazy, just wow. Her face has the most perfect features, better than any other girls I ever dated or laid my eyes on, her gorgeous smile is just heart melting. But it's obvious shes empty inside, or maybe not. Maybe she still has feeling.

She's smiling but don't let that fool you. Look deep into her eyes she's breaking inside.

After you get past the gorgeous smile and gorgeous figure it's the eyes that get you. The two dark brown eyes, warning you to back off and not stare into them for too long or else you'll get sucked in. They make you feel scared and threaten like you just murdered a litter of puppies. Don't let her pretty face fool you because she's much more than just a tiny girl, she'll beat you to your knees and make you beg for mercy before she skins you alive.

"Private killer, commander Vosch would like to see you" Reznik said as she walked into our bunks.

I looked over at killer and she looked at Sammy and gave him a warm smile before leaving the room with Reznik.

Killer never told us what happened with tank. She said it got taken care of, he's probably locked away in a room somewhere. It's better than being in our squad.

"Where does killer go?" Sammy asked as he sat on my bed.

"With Vosch" I breath out.

"What do they do?"

"I don't know nugget"

"Do you like her?"

I looked at him in surprise and let a small chuckle out.

"Of course I like her she's part of this squad" I say.

"Do you like her as a crush?"

What? Of course not! No? Yes? She's killer and I'm zombie. She's different, she's mysterious but sometimes I feel like I know everything about her yet I don't know the basics like her favorite color or her favorite food. I'm so stupid for starting a fight with her.

"No" I mumbled.

I need to stop lying to myself. I do like her.. A lot! Possibly love? Uhh stop lying to yourself zombie you're obviously in love with her, that's why you can't stop thinking about her at night! And when you're out there training you train extra hard to keep her safe and protect her when she needs it.

"Get some sleep buddy" I say and ruffle his hair.

"Goodnight zombie" he yawns and walks back to his bed.

The lights go off and I lay down on the bed, it's not the softest bed but it could be worse. I kept my eyes open and stared at the ceiling when the door opened and killer walked in. Her breathing was unusual and she took a deep breath in. Of course my first instinct was to ask her what's wrong so I did.

"Oh nothing, I just want to go to sleep" she said softy and slipped off her boots.

"Do you like it here?" I asked.

"It's better than being out there" I missed our long talks.

She walked over to my bed and sat down at the edge.

"Do you feel safe here?" She asked as she bit her bottom lip not in a sexual way but as a I-don't-want-to-say-the-wrong-thing way.

"I don't know. I just haven't gotten use to this way of living" I mumbled.

"I thought I was the only one" she breathed out.

Even though it was dark I could still see her perfect lips with the moon light. Just grab her and kiss her zombie! Stop being a wuss the devil on my right shoulder whispered. There's so much to worry about besides this, it could be the end of the world but instead you're worrying about her! The angel on my left shoulder argued.

"Killer.." I said and got closer to her.

"Yes?" She looked up at me and I swear I saw a small smile on her face.

"Um... I-i.." I can't do it, I can't tell her i love her. Not yet. "I really appreciate your company" I say.

I can't just drop the 'I love you' bomb. Besides we're in war we probably won't even make it till we see our next birthday. I just need to protect her and when the time is right I'll tell her how I feel.

"I really appreciate yours" she says and looks down at her feet.

"Catch some sleep, tomorrow is going to be a long day" I yawned.

"Yeah. Goodnight private" she says and walks to her bed.

"Goodnight..... I love you" I whispered the last part.

I want to yell it out and let everyone know I love her and I'm crazy for her.

I love you private killer!