//2//

A different soldier took me into a room with several bunk beds. I cant process what just happened. I killed an other.. I've never been so close to one or even seen one. But hell did it feel good to kill that son of a bitch. A slight smile appeared on my face. I'm going to do whatever it takes to get my revenge to make them feel what I felt when they tore my family apart, made the last trace of hope inside of me fade away slowly, made my dreams become fantasies. Im not Irene anymore, I'm not the girl that everyone was envious about, I'm not the girl that had straight A's and tons of friends, I'm not the girl that use to be scared of the dark, I'm not the girl that had two loving parents, I'm not the girl that had a fairy tale relationship with her boyfriend. I'm not her anymore, I'm not Irene.. I'm killer. Everything Irene wasn't.

The door creaked open and the soldier came inside with the guy I saw earlier in the bus. I saw him better in the light, he had short brown hair, dead brown eyes no sign of life in them no sign of emotions.. Just emptiness. He was taller than me. We sat in silence not wanting to speak. Drowning in our own thoughts. In my mind I was imagining committing suicide, should of done it when I had the chance. I tapped my foot against the floor, making the noise echo in the room.

The door opened and in came Sammy. I smiled and hugged him when he ran towards me.

"It hurts" he said touching the back of his neck.

"I know, just don't touch it" I said.

"My new name is nugget" he said. Nugget? Are they giving everyone nicknames now?

"I'm killer" I sighed. "Make sure from now on to use nugget"

He nodded his head. I looked up at the boy and caught him staring at me. Big purple bags under his eyes, they stood out since his skin was so pale. We snapped our heads towards the door once it started opening again.

_

"When you hear your name please stand up" the soldier said standing firm. "Killer" I rose up to my feet. "Zombie" the boy stood up, zombie huh? Suits him well. "Nugget" his shoes echoed through the room as he got off the bed. "Teacup" she was so small, so innocent but with the look of toughness on her face. "Dumbo" he pushed his glasses that were slipping down his nose. He looked so terrified, like he'd seen something that will never erase from his mind. I mean we all did but he didn't try to hide the horror on his face. "Oompa" no expression on his face. "Flintstone" he looked tough and determined. "Poundcake" probably the weirdest name out of everyone. "Tank" he looked like he was 12, but kept a plain expression.

"You are squad 53, the leader will be chosen in the following days, training Starts the day after tomorrow, now come up and bring your backpacks" we all scattered around grabbing the few things we have left. I knew they would take It away, I grabbed a letter that mom gave to me before she passed. I hid it under my pillow.

"When the time is right, and you find happiness, open this letter. Everything you need to know is in here. Promise to me you'll open it when the time is right" mom's words kept flooding through my mind. That's the last thing she ever said to me before she drowned.

I brought my backpack to the soldier, he exchanged it for an army uniform, and sleeping gear.

"What size of shoe are you?" He asked.

"5" I said. He handed me two pairs of shiny army boots. I walked back to my bed and set my stuff down. After everyone settled down the soldier spoke again.

"Get some sleep" is all he said before walking out the door and locking it.

I let out a loud breath and looked around at the rest of the kids. They all looked down at their feet. I need to get cleaned up. I grabbed a towel and made my way to the bathroom. The showers looked like the ones at school. I closed the door and started the shower. No hot water only cold, it wouldn't be the first time I shower in complete cold water. I undressed slowly watching out for my bruises. The cold water smashed against my skin sending shivers down my spine. I washed along my bruised ribs, massaging them slowly. Letting small groans slip from my lips. I couldn't tell commander Vosch, he wouldn't let me go out and take down the others.

I finished my shower and got dressed. When I walked out apparently the squad got to know each other and they were chit-chatting. I sat on my bed and looked at all of them as they talked. Sammy grabbed my hand and lifted up my sleeve revealing my brother's name tattooed on my wrist.

"Why they call you zombie?" Someone asked.

"I fell ill with the virus but I made it through" he said.

Makes sense now, hardly anyone survived the virus. Lucky him.

"What about you?" Dumbo asked. "Why they call you killer?"

"Because... I-I killed my sister" I said. The look of shock covered every one of their face. Zombie sat up as looked straight at me.

"Why?" He asked.

I looked down at the floor messing around with my hands. "She... She tried killing my parents, I let it slide thinking maybe she confused them for an other. Then she tried killing me, I let it slide too because she told me she thought I was an others. Then she tried killing my little brother, beating him senselessly. So I killed her" I said and gave a slight smile. "I don't regret it at all"

Everyone shifted around in their seat uncomfortable except for zombie. He looked at me with Pity.

"Don't look at me like that, I don't need anyone's pity. I'm here to help Vosch kill the others. I'm here to help the last chance of the human race before its whipped off of the face of the earth, or I'll die trying"