Of course they didn't want to spend money on food, they eat mine and expect me to just let them. "You lot are constantly eating my bloody food, I'm left having to ration on apples and toast every time you come round." I need to be eating well if I'm breastfeeding my daughter and surviving on apples, bread and butter for up to 4 days before I get paid is a right pain in the ass. "But to answer your question, no, I am not going to Skates party tonight."

"Y/N!" Nate frowns and drops the crusts of his sandwich on the plate. "You have to come! It won't be the same without you!"

"It'll be just like your last party I wasn't at," I brush it off, they had a party I didn't go to on New Year's Eve, they were fine without me then. "You'll survive."

"But it's my birthday!"

"You used to come out with us all the time!"

"Why are you being such a downer? You were so fun last year!"

John didn't say any of that, it's kind of his fault I don't go out anymore. He was the one who thought it would be fine to use an expired condom and didn't tell me until I found out I was pregnant.

"I have a baby now! I'm a mum! I have an entire person who needs me to look after them!"

Frowns take over all of the boys faces, like they've only just realised what I just said. I think they think that because John gets as pissed as a stick and as high as a tree whilst being a father that I'll be able to do it too.

But, no. John isn't our child's full time carer, he's just her carer whenever he can be bothered to come around.

"Why can't you ask one of your friends to look after the baby?"

I can't stop myself from rolling my eyes, why can't they understand that my baby is still a newborn and I need to be with her and I'm breastfeeding and I can't drink alcohol and they know I don't like being anywhere near any kind of drugs. "Because, believe it or not, all of my friends are all of your guys' friends and all of them will be at your party tonight."

"What about your family?"

"All of her family are in England, dumbass." John answers for me, why are these guys so clueless all of a sudden? None of them have ever met my family because my family live in a different country, in a continent. "I want you to go, Y/N, you need to have some fun once in a while," I don't know whether to take that as an insult or not. "But I don't want Rosie left with a stranger, so, I'm willing to let you go tonight and I'll look after her."

Oh.

John wants to miss his best friends birthday so I can go without worrying about my baby being left with someone I don't know? And so he can spend some one on one time with her?

This is new. Really new.

I really don't know what to say. I'm touched, I am, but Skate is Johns best friend, I can't let him ditch him just so I can go out and sit in a corner and watch people get drunk.

I've matured now that I'm a mum, I'm breastfeeding my baby, therefore I can't drink alcohol until she's finished nursing, and honestly? I don't feel like going out. I'd rather sit on my sofa with my baby, in my tracksuit and watch the Kardashians.

That's my idea of fun now.

So that's exactly what I tell the boys. And their voices started to get louder, and louder, and louder, loud enough that Rosie started screaming and crying. They woke her up and they ate my food so it was definitely time to kick them out of my flat.

John wanted to try and help me out with the baby, which failed because she always refuses to calm down when she's in his arms, so the boys waited downstairs in the car for him to come down.

I don't think they realised that I wasn't joking when I said that Rosie really doesn't like John that much.

"Hold her right up against your chest." I sigh after nearly 7 minutes of Rosie wailing in her fathers arms. "She's not going to settle down if you're holding her as far away as you possibly can."

"She squirms away whenever I try to hold her properly though."

I roll my eyes at him, "No, she squirms because you can't hold her properly." I reach out and gently push his arms up to his chest. "Maybe you should try with your shirt off."

"Why?"

"So she can feel your heartbeat against your chest and she'll start to bond better with you."

Almost instantly, Rosie is back in my arms and Johns shirt is discarded on the floor. She's taken away from me and practically shoved against her fathers chest.

She stopped whining.

She stopped moving completely, she stopped whining and moaning and cuddled up into Johns chest. A huge smile made its way onto his face.

"This is possibly the best feeling ever, He grins, his eyes not leaving his daughters face. This is probably the cutest thing I've ever seen. "Maybe if I never have a shirt on around her, she'll prefer me to you."

I can't help but laugh, "You think she's gunna let you hold her like that when she's a teenager?" He must've forgotten that babies grow up and get to the ages we just passed.

Oh, I just cannot wait for those days.

Sike.

"Oh shit, yeah, I forgot." Of course. "But seriously though, I want to build a really strong bond with her now because she's my daughter, you know? I love her to pieces and even though I won't be around every day and I'll be across the country sometimes, I want her to know that I'm just a phone call away. No matter how old she is."

"She knows, J, she loves you too."