Daddy Issues 4 // s.w

"Y/N!" Annie screams from behind her front door before I even get the chance to knock. I don't bother to raise my hand and knock because the door swings open and I'm pulled in within seconds. "How are you?! I haven't seen you in years!"

"It's been 3 months, Annie." I giggle, giving her a quick hug and closing the front door behind me. "But I'm good, a little tired and pissed off, but I'm good, how are you?"

"I'm very good, I've been very excited after finding out I'm going to be an aunt!"

"Have you guys been talking a lot about it then?" I ask. Annie nods and leads me into the kitchen. "Really? I hope you haven't been talking bad about me."

She looks at me over her shoulder with a raised eyebrow. "We could never, we all love you too much to do that."

"How has everyone reacted to it?"

"Well, dad was pissed with Sam for getting a girl pregnant when he's still a teenager and he was demanding that he take full responsibility for what he did straight away, he tried to convince him to get back together with you but it caused Sam to throw a fit and storm out."

"When was this?"

"Just hours after you left the other day, he hasn't been home since."

That's not like Sam...

Actually, that is such a Sam move, to run away from his problems. I should have known something like this would have happened. He overreacts sometimes and when he doesn't it gets bad.

He starts fights with people - he doesn't care who he fights, it could be his own family and he wouldn't back down - and he completely loses his mental filter. He throws and breaks things, not caring what they are or who they belong to. I've witnessed one or two of these outbursts and they are absolutely terrifying, but he always manages to calm himself down and fix the damage, he's never ran away after one though.

Something else clearly triggered his outburst and there's something that Annie's not telling me. Annie looks at me with sympathy and adds on to calm the silence.

"He hasn't returned anyone's calls or texts, none of us know where he is, not even Em." He tells Emily everything.

"Oh my god," I mutter, slowly sitting down on one of the stools. "I'm actually scared right now." She runs a hand through her short hair and pushes her fringe behind her ear.

"We all are, he's never done this before."

"I'll try calling him when I get back, but did you try calling Nate?" If he won't answer any of the calls from his family or friends, what makes me think that he'll answer mine?

"He was the first one we tried, he hasn't seen or heard from him all week." "I was kind of hoping to talk to him today..." I don't want to talk to him, I need to talk to him.

"He was supposed to come to my appointment with me but he never showed up."

"You had a sonogram today? Did you get pictures?" Annie's mood suddenly perks up a little bit, her eyes wider and more alert and her sad smile replaced with a more excited looking one.

"Yeah, that's the main reason why I came by, I have a picture for you guys." I smile back, toying with the image with my fingers. Annie squeals and claps her hands together in joy,

"Can I see it?"

With a smile, I hand her the black and white copy of my sonogram and she happily takes it from me without a single word. "When can you find out if it's a boy or a girl?"

"She said that the baby is sat in a way where she can't see the gender so I can go back in 2 weeks and find out."

"That's so exciting, Y/N," She gapes, looking down at the picture once more before gazing back up at me. "I can't believe little Sammy is going to be a dad."