3am // n.m

My eyes jump open for the 17th time in the past 30 minutes. The couple upstairs are so fucking inconsiderate it's unreal. We've been here for 3 months, they've been here for 3 years. They kindly asked us on our move in day if we could keep the noise down, which we took into consideration and did.

Maybe they should take their own fucking advice.

"Could they be any fucking louder?"

"You mean, 'fucking any louder'?" Nate counters with a snort, turning on his side to face me. I roll my eyes back with a laugh and turn my head to look at him. "At least someone's getting it in."

"Hey, I said we could, you're the one that doesn't want a bloody dick. Pussy."

"It's disgusting! I don't want vagina blood on my dick!" Oh my God, he's such a fucking wimp! It's just a bit of fucking blood, jeez. It's not like he's going to get an infection or some shit.

"I don't want your dick in my vagina anyway."

"You so do." Nate laughs and wraps an arm around my waist. "We'll be baby making in 3 days, I'll find a way to hold up."

That's something to think about. "Maybe we should actually baby make." It's something that I've been thinking about recently, actually.

"What? Right now?"

"I can't get pregnant right now but, in 3 days I can..."

"Really?" He asks, raising his eyebrows up, a small crease adorning his forehead. "You wanna have a baby?"

"Well, maybe? I guess I do. What about you?"

I'm turning 30 next year. Nate's 31 already. All of my girlfriends from school and college are getting married (or are married) and having kids now. I'm the only one out of my old friendship group that isn't married and doesn't have or isn't expecting a baby.

I always wanted kids but it just hasn't happened yet. When I first met Nate, he was 23 and he straight up told me that he was in the prime of his life, he doesn't cuff and probably won't ever cuff, ever. 3 months later, he asked me out and we've been together ever since.

"Yeah, I do. Only because I'm with you."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Like, 10 years ago, I was touring all the time, I had girls throwing themselves at me and I couldn't imagine a life any different from that. I never thought I'd have what we have now, then. Now I have this, I want what I didn't then."

Just last year, Nate decided to finish with his music. He thought that he was too old to be making the kind of music he was and that he was 'way too old' for the fanbase he was attracting. I completely disagreed with him, he's not too old for anything. But, it's his music and his career, he can choose to do whatever the hell he wants with it.

"Aw, I think."

"Yes, you should be 'aw'ing." He kisses my cheek and rolls me onto my side so we're both facing each other. He grins at me, his eyes crinkling with his smile. "We've been together for 8 years, I'm not touring anymore, I don't really record much now, I'm just making beats and producing for other people. I have so much more time here with you. I have so much more time to have a baby; to be there for it, and for you, and to see it grow up and, you get what I'm saying. I have the time to actually be a dad now." He shyly whispers, his eyes meeting mine slowly. "I'm so in love with you and I couldn't imagine me saying this to anyone else, ever."

I've never known Nate, my Nathan Maloley, to talk like this. He's never been the one to get emotional, not with me, not with his friends, the only person he's ever truly and deeply opened up to is his mother. I've only seen him cry 5 times in the 8 years we've been together. And each of the 5 times were because of the fans. Not that he's crying now, but that was the most emotional I had ever seen him.

"Nate, baby..." I really don't know what to say to him. I might start crying in his arms. "Are you being serious? You want to have a baby with me?"

"You're the only person who I want to mother my children."

"You've thought about it before?"

"I mean, yeah..." His arm pulls away from my waist and it goes to scratch the back of his neck out of embarrassment.

"What've you thought about?"

"You really wanna know?" I nod my head. Of course I want to know, I've thought about it before, too. I pull his arm away from his neck and drape it around my waist again. "Well, I imagined us having 4 kids. The first would be a boy. And we'd name him something really cute and adorable but it'd be masculine and strong at the same time, you know? Like, Kieran or Toby, or Reece! And then when he's 2 or 3, we'd have another baby, another boy. And 3 years later, another boy. And our 4th would be a girl. She'd have 3 big brothers looking after her and beating up all the boys that do her wrong, after I've beat him up for hurting my princess, of course. And she'd have a really pretty name, like, a flower name or a gem name, because she's precious, you know?

"And I always imagined, after we have our first, that's when we'd get married." Woah woah woah. Marriage? I've never heard the word 'married' come out of Nates mouth when he's talking about our future. "He'd be our page boy and he'd be running around the venue, making everyone last and he would keep trying to get you to pick him up and he'd then be in all of our pictures..."

He slows off his words into thin air, finishing off his monologue with a deep sigh. I lightly trace my fingers against his jaw, "You wanna marry me?"

A light pink blush flushes his cheeks, something which I can only see with the moons illumination shining through our bedroom window. "Yeah..."

"Babe, don't be embarrassed." I grin, leaning up and leaving a light peck to his lips. "I want to marry you too." Another huge, eye-crinkling smile adorns my beautiful boyfriends face. He gently grabs a hold of my chin and pulls me closer to him, delicately pressing his lips against mine.

We lay there, pressing small, light kisses to each other for a few minutes. When we finally pull away, Nate looks up at the ceiling – the couple upstairs had finally stopped. We could finally sleep.

"3:48am and we can finally call it a night."

"Are you tired?" Nate asks as I lay my head on his chest. I nod my head, causing him to wrap his arms around my body and pull me tight against him. "Goodnight, my beautiful future wife and mother of my children."

�J���f�