Daddy Issues 3 // s.w

"Y/N, are you ready?" I look around the waiting room once more before I puff out the air I was holding in my lungs and purse my lips. I nod my head and give the nurse a small smile before following after her with Any in tow.

Today is the day of my first sonogram and ultrasound, it's pretty bad for being half way through my pregnancy, but at least I'm here. And of course, Sammy hasn't shown up. I knew that he wouldn't, right in the back on my back, I knew that he wouldn't bother.

"Stop worrying about him, he clearly isn't worth it." Amy mutters to me as she steps into place with me.

I know that she's right, Sam isn't worth my thoughts because he didn't show up, but it still hurts my feelings. "He shouldn't have implied that he was coming if he isn't going to come, it gives people false hope and it's just wrong."

"I know, babe, especially when it's to do with your guys' baby." Amy shrugs her shoulders and lightly rubs my back. "Just relax and forget about it, stress isn't going to do you or the baby any good."

I should really be stressing over what I'm going to do in order to be financially stable for my child and I, or not stressing at all really, but here I am, worrying and other thinking about my damn ex boyfriend and his effect on me.

The only effect he has on me now is the effect of stress.

"He doesn't believe that I'm actually pregnant, that is why he hasn't bothered to come."

I could give birth right in front of him and he would probably still be hesitant to believe that I was ever a pregnant teenager.

"That might not be the reason, Y/N, maybe he's just scared of what's going to happen in the future? Like, how he's going to live as a dad and if you two are ever going to get back together-"

I cut her off with a scoffed laugh, slapping her arm as I chortle. "I highly doubt that theory-"

"I don't know, I don't care anymore." I mutter and walk into the small room. "I just want to get this appointment over and done with so I can relax a bit more."

The nurse tells me to lay down on the blue, cushioned bed as she gets all of the equipment together and boots up the machine. Amy takes a seat beside me on a small chair in the corner and makes herself comfortable almost instantly. She's definitely a lot more relaxed about my pregnancy than she was when we were on the phone, she's gotten used to it I guess. She's had a week to think it out, even though she's only going to be "spiritually related" to him or her, not biologically.

She's going to be the aunt who makes the kid a spoiled brat. Great, I'm going to have a mini Amy on my hands.

"From your file, it says that you only just found out that you're pregnant, correct?" The nurse named Olivia, according to her name tag, said, I nod my head. "This is the first ultrasound then?"

"Yes, it is." I look everywhere but the nurse and Amy, I feel so awkward in this room and I don't know why. "And sonogram, obviously." Olivia smiles at me in a comforting way, but I still can't face her.

I still haven't told my parents.

"Okay, could you lift your shirt up to reveal your stomach, just to reveal your small bump."
I still don't have a proper, round baby bump, not just yet. I was never thin to begin with, I've always been a little bit chubby on my stomach, hips and thighs, but it just looks like I'm putting on a little bit more weight at the moment.

"So we're listening for a heartbeat and then looking at the baby?" Amy asks, looking from my stomach, the monitor and Olivia. "When can you tell if it's a boy or a girl?"