Tired // n.g

"Oh my gosh," Nash puffs as he sits in the car, laying his head back on my shoulder. "I am so tired."

I grin down at him and lightly kiss his mildly sweaty hair. We've been down at the lake with his family all day and it's been a very active few hours on the boat and the jet skis.

"Man, was today a good day!" Hayes exclaims as he climbs into the seats behind us, clapping his hands and whooting.

"Don't be too loud!" I hiss, snapping my head around to quiet him down. "There are two very sleepy babies in the car."

Skylynn was fast asleep the minute Elizabeth put her in her seat and Nash is pretty much asleep on my shoulder. I'm pretty tired too, we've been sat in the sun all day and it's been awfully tiring. I'm a little sunburnt on my legs and chest, as is Nash on his face.

"Y/N, you're so nice and cuddly." Nash sighs as he cuddles my shoulder. "I don't want to leave your shoulder. Ever."

"Aw, babe," I grin and lay my cheek on his head in a way to cuddle him back. "I have to go home though, I'm sorry."

"I'll ask my mom if you can sleep over, that way, I don't have to leave your side." He's so clingy when he's tired, he's incredibly cuddly, it's adorable.

"I guess I could sleep round-" A huge smile breaks out over his face and he whispers a little cheer. "But! It has to be okay with your mom and my parents and it has to be innocent."

"Do you really think I'd do anything like that when my entire family is home?"

"No, but it's just a reminder."

"Hey guys, do you mind keeping your sex conversation down? It's not the nicest thing to hear." Hayes butts in, pushing his head between the chairs and on Nash's head.

Wow, we're all within a close proximity of each other right now. I feel oddly uncomfortable.

"Put your damn headphones in and stop listening boy!" Nash laughs and swats his brothers head away from us.

Hayes laughs along with Nash and leans back in his seat. "I'd really appreciate it if you two kept it down tonight too... We would all appreciate it." I playfully roll my eyes and sneak a glance down at the sleeping Skylynn, she can sleep through anything and everything.

Nash goes to make another comment but his mom finally climbs into the passenger seat and they both go silent, typical.

They are both such mommas boys and they don't even try to hide it, and because Elizabeth is such a religious woman, she does not appreciate swears and crude language in her home and around her so the boys have to be so careful about what they say sometimes.

Elizabeth immediately buckles up before pulling her sunglasses onto the cap of her hat. She pulls the mirror down in front of her and looks straight at me in it. "Hey Y/N, are you staying for dinner? We're gunna get takeout."

"Yes!" Nash moans out in joy, another huge grin spreading across his lips. "I need a good burger so bad."

"I don't know, I mean, I can, if that's alright with you."

"Of course it's alright! It's been such a lovely day and you're as much a part of this family as Nash is."

She's so welcoming and kind, I don't understand how anyone couldn't like her.

Nash looks up at me with a small smirk, but with majorly tired eyes. "Could she spend the night too, mom? Please?"

"You're meant to be going to grandmas tomorrow but I'm sure she'll be fine with Y/N coming, so if it's okay with her parents, she definitely can."

I've only met Nash's grandparents a few times over the course of a year but they're pretty nice. They're like the stereotypical grandparents that overfeed you and bake you delicious treats and give you some cash every time you go round.

I wish my grandparents were like that, the only 'gifts' they give me are life tips and lessons and twenty dollars on my birthday and Christmas.

"And stay in the same room?"

Elizabeth smiles and pushes the sun shield back up. "I trust you two."

"We trust you too, mom."