FaceTime // m.e

"Baaaaaaaabe!" Matt screams as soon as FaceTime connects. I can see his eyes gleaming through the camera and his smile is so wide. "You look so hot right now, I'm so attracted to you."

"I'm wearing a tank top and no bra with running shorts."

He swiftly nods and winks at me. "I know, and you look hot."

I raise one of my eyebrows and take a glance down at my outfit, "Can you see my nipples through my shirt by any chance?"

"Yes, yes I can."

"You pervert."

"Not a pervert, just a loving boyfriend." He corrects, clicking his fingers and pointing at me.

"Loving my ass." I scoff and playfully roll my eyes.

"I am loving your ass, yes."

I shake my head with a sigh. "Can we have a conversation without you being a little pervy? I haven't seen you in a month and I haven't spoken to you directly in four days, stuff has happened that I can't put into words properly."

I seriously hate it when Matt is away doing appearances and meetings because it means that he never has time to himself, he's stuck to his managers schedule. When that happens, he can only text and talk to me when he's in a car. It sucks so bad.

We can barely have a proper conversation over text anymore. I just have to text him my long ass paragraph about what happened (if I'm sad or lonely or something) and I have to wait for a few hours to get a response.

When that happens, I'm usually over my little problem. I swear his manager hates me

"What happened babe?"

"I got into an argument with my mom about my grades. She's so fucked up, Matt, my math grade went up and she nearly grounded me. She threatened to take my phone away because my B went up to an A."

"Are you serious?" He asks and I nod, slightly grinding my teeth together in annoyance. "That's really stupid, she should be proud of you! I know how much you've been struggling with math, you started off with a D and then you raised it to a B all in one test! And now you got an A?! I'm so proud of you!"

I took up extra lessons after school with my maths teacher to help me understand certain topics and it helped me so much. Within five weeks, my grades jumped. So high.

I lay my phone up against my open laptop in front of me and fold my arms on my lap. "What else happened, Y/N? I know something else is up."

"My dads girlfriend, Cindy, remember her?" Matt nods in response. "Well, she turned my room into a storage room and tried to kill me by feeding me fish."

My stepmother is the one who created the stereotypical view of stepmothers being evil.

"Are you serious?" He says again, widening his eyes. "Y/N, does your dad know?"

"Yeah and he just laughed it off."

"Baby, I'm so sorry you're going through this." Matthew frowns, running a hand through his messy and damp hair. "How long left of school do you have?"

"A week and a half, why?"

"I don't want you at home when you're in a toxic environment." He mumbles quietly, laying back on the hotel bed and holding his phone over his face.

"It's not toxic, it's just... Sour."

My mom likes to take her anger and stress out on me because I'm the only one who won't hit her for it. She will find any, tiny reason to have a go at me. Sometimes she takes it too far by having a 'few' glasses of wine and barging into my bedroom to shout at me.

And my dad... I just can't stand Cindy one bit. She hates the fact that my dad has a kid, she does not have one maternal bone in her body. She forced my dad to ditch me on Christmas by taking her to Cabo for two weeks.

I'm moving out as soon as I graduate and I'm never moving back in.

"I'm in LA for a month next week and I'm buying you a ticket to come out and be with me for the whole summer."

He better not be set on this sudden idea of his, but at the same time, I really hope he is.

"Matt, I'm not going to let you get distracted with work by me."

"I have an entire month off, Y/N, I want to spend it with you and then you can come travelling around America with me for work." I've never actually been out of my home state so it would definitely be an experience. You'd be helping me out a lot." Matt insists, pulling his phone closer to his face.

I lightly chew on my bottom lip and sigh explosively. "I wouldn't be helping, I'd be distracting."

"No you wouldn't! You could be my assistant or something."

Matt wants me to be his assistant? He wants me to work with him? Is he actually being serious or is he just fucking about?

"I am not going to work for my boyfriend, that's just weird."

Matt shakes his head with a massive smile overtaking his face. "No it's not!" I raise my eyebrows and stay silent. "You would help me make my decisions on what would deals I should make with people and if certain tours or appearances would be a good idea for me and my career.

"You would get to join me on all of my trips and experience what I do on a day to day basis... You'd get to stay in nice hotels and get amazing meals at restaurants and you know what the best part would be?"

He's getting so excited and worked up about this, it's like he knows that I'm going to end up giving into all of his begs and pleas.

"That I'm with you?" I question, raising a knowing eyebrow with a little smirk on my face.

"Yes!"

The grin on Matts face doesn't leave as he stares at me through the screen, "Would it be okay with your manager and team?"

"I think they'd be all for it." He lightly shrugs.

"Why do you say that?"

"Because I know Angie with all of my moaning about missing home and missing you."

I can't help but roll my eyes. It's impossible for me to hide my smile from him now. "You're so soppy."

"Only for you," He winks again, letting out a small chuckle and smiling right back at me. "So, do you want to come out and stay with me?"

"I'd love to."

"Hell yes!" He squeaks. "I'm buying your ticket right now, babe. It's gunna be for the day after graduation, I'll be with you."

Did I just hear him right? Matthew is coming to my high school graduation?

"W- what? You're coming in for my graduation?"

"Of course I am!" He urges, sitting up on the bed and running a hand through his flat hair. "I'm gunna be screaming your name as loud as I can when you get up on stage!" I can only imagine. "And after, we can go out for dinner, just the two of us, to celebrate my baby being free!"

"Awe, Matty." I whine in awe. He's so perfect, he's such a good boyfriend, even when he's hundreds of miles away!

He goes to say something to me but he closes his mouth as he's cut off by a woman's voice. My guess is that it's Angie, his manager, telling him he has to go.

"I'm sorry to say this but I have to go, I have to get dinner and then a late night meeting but I'll text you baby, okay?"

I nod, I completely understand. I'm not going to be pissed with him because he has a job. "You took time out of your day to FaceTime me, I'm happy. I'll talk to you later."

"I love you, Y/N."

"I love you too."