Welcome Parties // d.r

"Y/N, I have decided that we're going to throw a party tonight." My best friend Andrea announces as she walks back into the living room with her phone in her hand and a smile on her face.

"What's the occasion?" I ask, sitting up a little bit straighter on the couch.

I just moved to California from Hastings, England, to be cliché and advance in my acting career. I've known Andrea for a while now and she had a spare bedroom in her house, which evidentially, is mine now. I've only been moved in for a few days now but it feels like I've been here for so much longer.

"Well, you just moved to Cali and you don't know that many people so it's kind of a welcome party for you so I can introduce you to all of my friends and help you make friends!" She grins, clapping her hands together in excitement.

"Aw, Andrea, that's really sweet of you, thank you!" I bounce up from the chair and wrap my arms around her neck, hugging her from side to side in excitement. "I could really use some friends."

"That's why I'm doing it!" We both sit back down and start discussing the party details and who she's actually inviting for me to meet.

She's inviting all of her old roommates (Jenn, Arden and Lauren), all of the YouTubers that she's friends with that live close to us (who are also bringing some friends of their own) and all of the boys that she met on the Digi Slaybells tour that are currently in LA, who are also bringing friends with them.

From what I suspect, according to the names that I just heard, there's going to be more boys here than girls. So maybe instead of getting new friends, I'll get myself a new, hot American boyfriend?

I doubt it.

"Come on, daydream, we need to start getting ready already."

"Already?"

"Already."

Andrea does my makeup for me and I curl her hair for her, we have a little sing along during our preparation and literally spam Andreas Snapchat story with embarrassing videos and silly selfies.

Currently, I'm sat on Andreas bed, waiting for her to finish hogging the mirror so I could make a start on my own hair. "Who are the guys that you met?"

"From Slaybells?" She questions, looking back at me in the mirror as she carefully applies her individual fake lashes.

"Yeah, those guys."

"Well, there's Kenny Holland, Sam Wilkinson, Nate Maloley, Aaron Carpenter, and I can't think of who else was on the tour but they're bringing people with them."

She's told me a little about these guys, but not a lot. Apparently they're really funny and easy to get along with, they're crazy at times but most of the time, they're really chill.

"Kenny's the one you had like, a fling with, right?" Andrea nods at me in the mirror. "Cool, cool. Who are they bringing?"

"Jack Johnson, Jack Gilinsky, Nash Grier, Cameron Dallas, Matt Espinosa, Hayes Grier, Carter Reynolds, Dillon Rupp, Wesley Stromberg, Mahogany LOX - oh! She was on the tour! Um, John Swift, Emily Wilkinson, she's Sams sister, Madison Beer, she's Jacks girlfriend, and Pierre."

"How do I tell the difference between the Jacks?"

"One has brown hair, he's Jack G and Madison is his girlfriend, the other has blonde hair, he's Jack J."

"Got it," I nod, repeating the recognition ideas in my head. "And you're going to introduce me to them all?"

"Each and every one of them." She grins, finally putting her mascara down and zipping up her makeup bag. I smile thankfully, yet sarcastically, at her and get started on straightening my hair.