Ballerina // j.j

I sit backstage in my black outfit on FaceTime with my best friend, Jack Johnson. Today is my first performance with the National Ballet Academy and I'm rather nervous. None of my girl friends could make it because they're all off at college and university around the country and my best friend suddenly had to bail. I understood though, there's a big storm coming to LA (weird, right?) and all of the flights out have been cancelled. He had missed his flight because it went out early and the next available one out to New York is in a week!

Jack smiles at me through the camera, holding his phone so I can only see him. "I'm so sorry, Y/N! I know how important today is to you."

"No, J, it's fine, really, there will be other performances." I smile sadly and shrug it off. I didn't want to tell him that I was the only newcomer without anyone in the audience. "I've got the other guys here so."

"Poor baby girl." Johnson laughs. "You're going to get smothered after your performance, you know that, right?"

"Of course I know, I'm expecting Sammy to be the worst, like I feel like he would jump me and be so overly excited that he's going to start crying, Gilinsky will be Gilinsky, so, pretty average and Nate to just full out tackle me to the wall." Johnson looks down from the camera and smiles sadly. I can't help but sigh. I haven't seen him in over three months due to both of our hectic and busy schedules and he was supposed to fly out to see me and stay with me for the entire weekend. But things happen. Nobody can control the weather, can they? "You'll be here for the one next week though, right?"

"Of course I will!" He shouts, jumping his phone right into his face. "I wouldn't miss all of my baby girls dances!"

People have always found it odd how I'm friends with these guys. They all had a reputation in school for smoking weed and causing a few fights here and there, as well as being jocks. And then there was (and still is) me, the innocent, virgin ballerina who never does anything wrong. I got accused of having slept with all four of the boys due to how close we are, but I haven't.

I'm 18 years old, best friends with a bunch of, dare I say, fuckboys and still a god damn virgin.

Oh, I also work at one of the best critically acclaimed dance academy's in the world.

"Aw, I miss you, J."

"I miss you too, baby!" He giggles with a smile. He angles his phone so I can see the chair he's sitting on and his tired face. "You look really pretty in your costume, Y/N."

I blush from his compliment, looking down at my pointe shoes "Thank you, Jack."

"Don't thank me, you know I think you look pretty all the time." He gushes and runs a hand through his tousled blonde hair. "Even with the dramatic ass makeup and the over the top outfit you're currently wearing. I have a damn beautiful girl."

He didn't say best friend.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were trying to make me swoon." I tease, raising my heavily painted eyebrow at Jack which makes him blush.

The dressing room door knocks and in walks Janey, a stagehand who is a few months younger than me. "Y/N you need to come and line up, 20 minutes until opening."

"I'll be there in a minute?" Janey nods and sends me a smile as she slips through the gap in the door. I sigh and look down at my phone. There I see Jack with an understanding smile. "I'll call you as soon as I'm done?"

"Of course babe, you're going to do great, I just know it."

"I wish I had my good luck charm here though." I pout. "I have to go, I love you!"

"Break a leg, baby girl, I love you more. More than you know." I blow him a quick kiss before ending the call and chucking my phone into my makeup bag.

-

Nobody was allowed backstage (other than the dancers) after the performance, so Gilinsky, Sammy and Nate had to wait outside for me. They are extremely impatient boys. My phone was blowing up with texts and tweets from the 3 of them and I already had a mass of missed calls and voice mails! I came off stage just 10 minutes ago!

I kept them waiting for another 10 minutes or so, in order to congratulate my fellow dancers and say goodbye to my choreographer and new friends. When I got back outside, I was tackled to the ground by the boys. I may have a large gash on my ass now.

"You did so good up there!" Sammy exclaims and grabs a hold of my cheek, squishing my cheeks together in excitement.

"I've never seen you look so damn professional and beautifully elegant!" Gilinsky mumbles, smiling at me. "You looked fucking stunning, Y/N."

"I don't know what else to add on to what they said but you took my breath away, Y/N." Nate smiles and throws his arm around my shoulder.

"Thanks you guys." I blush. I pull Sams hands away from my cheeks and pull my jacket around my body. "I did good, then?"

Nate scoffs, throwing his head back at the same time and shouting at me. "You did better than good! You were the best up there!"

"That was my first Academy performance, of course I wasn't the best one up there!" I laugh and shake my end, slapping Skates arm off of my shoulders. "I still have a long way to go."

"You're an amazing dancer, though." Gilinsky chimes. His cheeks were bright red - simply because it's bloody freezing outside and he didn't bother to bring a jacket.

"Thanks you guys, I just wish J was here to see it." And they're silent. "Where are my flowers then?" I look between them, noticing the same, cheeky smirk on each one of their faces. "What did you do n-" A pair of arms wrap around my waist and a huge bouquet of bright sunflowers appeared in my hands. "-ow..."

"You were amazing."

"Jack!" I giggle and shout, a huge smile pushing its way onto my face. "You came!"

"Of course I did, I wouldn't miss it for the world."

"But you lied to me." I pout, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling my body away so I could fully see his face.

"Not so much lie, I'd rather say surprise?" He smiles and presses his lips up against my cheek.

"Aw you guys," Sammy coos from behind us, "I'm totally tweeting that picture I just took." Gilinsky and Nate both wag their fingers in our direction and look down at Sams phone. "Literally, OTP right there."

And I'm blushing again. I turn back around and hide my face in my best friends neck. His arms tighten around my body and all I can hear is the teasing giggles from the boys.

"You really were amazing, Y/N. You looked amazingly beautiful up there and I'm so proud of you. You didn't mess up once and you are so fucking talented! You've come so far in the past few months and you literally blew my expectations."

"What, did you expect me to suck?" I tease, tilting my head slightly. Johnson looks down at me, his blue eyes sparkling in the dark night.

I only just realised how fucking beautiful my best friend is.

"Just a little." He smiles. His arms rub up and down on my back slowly and slowly comes round to hold onto my hip. "You wanna go out and get some dinner to celebrate your success in not sucking?"

"Obviously."