Watergun // n.m

"Hey, Y/N!" A girl calls from behind me, making me whip around instantly and probably attack Emily or Andrea with my hair. "Can I get a picture with you?"

The guys are in New York for Digi NYC, so being the good and supportive girlfriend I am, I came along with them to cheer Nate on the loudest from side stage.

"Just attack my eye then, Y/N, yep, that's cool with me, I'm fine being blind in one eye." Andrea mutters, wiping her eye in pain yet still managing to roll her eyes with her intolerable level of sass.

"I'm sorry!" I can't help but laugh at her misfortune, it wasn't meant to happen, but what can I do, I have long hair. "I apologise on behalf of my hair."

"You better watch your damn back-" She gets cut off by the shouting fans repeatedly calling my name. "Go ahead, Princess." I flash her an innocent smile before carefully, avoiding hitting anyone, flipping my hair back over my shoulder.

"Hi! Of course!" I excuse myself from my conversation and skip over to the small group of fans. "How are you guys today?"

"We're all really excited!" One girl answers, clutching her phone to her chest with a big grin.

"Who are you anticipating the most?" I ask, resting my arms on the metal barrier and looking at each of the girls.

I think Skates fans like me, but I'm not entirely sure. It's always going to be mixed opinions because not everyone is going to like you and I accept that, but for the most part, I think I'm well liked.

I'm a huge fangirl myself (Nate hates it but he's learning to love it) so I can relate to all of the fans on a more personal level.

"I'm excited for Sammy and Skate and the Jacks, but I'm more excited to see Demi!" Another girl answers, flashing me her Demi Lovato shirt and bracelet.

"You don't have to say you like Nate in front of me because I'm his girlfriend, you know that." I grin, raising one eyebrow with a laugh. "I mean, I don't like him all too much, he's really annoying," I sarcastically drag, rolling my eyes in a jokey way. "But yeah, I'm always the one who cries backstage so."

"I saw Emily's Snapchat of you crying during sound check." The girl who called me over comments and I instantly flush red.

Nate put his heart and soul into sound check just a few hours ago and I couldn't help but shed a few tears. I'm very dedicated to him and his music and he has so much talent and he's so under appreciated!

The others really liked taking the piss out of me and publicly humiliating me by taking photos and videos and posting them on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Vine.

"Yeah, he honestly put so much effort into making those songs and he deserves so much more attention! I'm so proud of him, I just couldn't help it."

"I thought it was really adorable!"

"Yeah, Nate is really lucky to have such a supportive girlfriend who is there for him and his dreams and not his fame and fortune!"

"That honestly makes my heart swell, you guys are so sweet!" They're the first of any of the boys' fans to say anything like that to me! I don't really know how I'm supposed to respond to it, but it makes me feel so good, honestly.

The group of girls introduce themselves as Sarah, Kelly, Morgan, Alisha and Sapphire and I take selfies with each of them individually and a group selfie. I get to talking with them about different things about the boys and what it's like to travel around with a mass number of boys and only having one girl constantly by my side.

It's a struggle, definitely.

"Where's Nate now?" Morgan asks after we take another photo, locking her phone and holding it in her hand.