Awkward // t.c

"Hey guys!" I grin as I walk into my friend Taylor's house, carefully shutting the door behind me. The conversation from the lounge was cut off as soon as the door shut. I furrow my eyebrows at the sudden quietness and toss my keys on the table.

"Hey Y/N." I hear Dillon say. I smile to myself and walk into the lounge and stand behind the couch. "What's up?"

I take a step over so I'm standing right behind Taylor. "Nothin' much, I just got back from my grandparents in Arkansas."

"Oh so that's where you were, how was it?"

"It was good to see my family, the weather wasn't great but it was fine."

I got to see my family from my moms side, we only ever see them every other Christmas because my dads family is from Indiana. It's my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary so we went on a little road trip to Arkansas for a week.

"So you just got back then?" I nod. "You decided to come and see your lover boy as soon as you got back in the state?"

"Of course I did," I grin, wrapping my arms around Taylor's neck from behind. "I missed my little lover boy." I kiss Taylor's cheek quickly and rest my chin on his head. "What's up with you, Tay? You haven't said a word to me yet."

"I uh, hi, um, yeah."

I look over at Dillon who's watching Taylor with a smirk on his face, but as soon as he catches eyes with me, his smirk drops and he just shrugs at me.

Something is definitely going on.

Taylor Caniff is never quiet. For the 11 years that I've known him, I've never seen him be this quiet or sputtery. Especially at the same time. He's always been so open and crazy around me, not once have we ever had a silence for longer than ten seconds.

"Tay, my mom told me to ask you if you wanted to come over for dinner tomorrow?"

"Sure, uh, okay."

I furrow my eyebrows once again and walk around the couch and sit down on the coffee table in front of the two couches. I look between the two boys in question. Taylor refuses to look at me and Dillon looks like he's going to piss himself with laughter.

"What did you guys do whilst I was gone then?" I ask, trying to ease up the tension and awkwardness in the room.

"Not much, played some video games, went with Taylor to a couple meetings about the tour, ate a whole lot of takeout, spent a whole lot of money."

"Well, it sounds like you two had a fun week."

"We also tried to do laundry, but it didn't work. We broke the washing machine-"

"We? Aw hell naw, you put too much damn powder in!" Taylor finally speaks up, narrowing his eyes at his best friend with a cute little glare.

"What did you guys ruin?"

"That blue button up of Taylor's-" I widen my eyes and gasp quietly, snapping my head to look right at Taylor. They can't be talking about the shirt I'm thinking about, can they?

"Not my favourite shirt?" Dillon nods and looks at Taylor. "The pale, denim-like blue colour one with the black buttons?" Dillon nods once again and I instantly frown. "You know how much I love that shirt on you, Tay! You were going to wear it to my cousins wedding!"

My cousin is getting married in two months and I asked Taylor to come with me, along with the circumstance that he wears my favourite shirt of his, and he agreed. He looks so good in that shirt! I know that he looks damn good in tank tops, but he just looks so smart and pretty in formal shirts. And now it's ruined?