Fanboy // n.m

"I can't believe we're in the same studio Y/N was just in." Sammy gushes, sitting down on the chair in front of the deck. "How fucking cool is that? Y/N was just here!"

"It is pretty cool." John comments, adjusting his snapchat on his head.

"Too bad we got here late, we could have met her." I would love to meet Y/N, she's my ultimate celebrity crush – and she's also all of the other boys' celebrity crush. It's awesome that my producer is her producer.

"She's a pretty cool girl, hella talented too." Pierre comments, swiveling around on his chair to face all of us. "She's so focused when she's here, we started a song last Friday and finished it in 2 days, knows exactly what she wants with her music."

I'd really love to hop on a track with her, I think we all would, and have her featured on Maloski, that would be wild. Not only would it boost the sales drive of my album, but it would introduce more people to my music, and my fans to her music. I could easily just ask Pierre to hook me up with it, but I'd feel bad about it.

"You can tell as soon as you listen to her music." Sam says, "She's got such a hot voice."

I nod in agreement. "She's really hot."

She may or may not be my phone background.

John looks over at me with wide eyes, "Skate, imagine how good she would sound on one of your tracks."

"Maloski would blow the hell up if she was featured."

"I could probably convince her to feature on something, she's always lookin' to collab."

I shake my head, "Nah, it's fine, don't worry about it." It would be an amazing opportunity, sure, but I don't feel right practically using someone's fame to help myself grow in the business. I want to do that myself.

"You sure bro?" Pierre double checks, I just nod silently. "Alright then."

"So, can we peep a look at Y/Ns new track?"

We all nod. "Yeah, of course man." Pierre nods and turns back to his computer. "Only a few beats though, can't leak this gold."

Pierre opens up a file and turns on his speakers, a soft beat starts playing through the studio and eventually starts to pick up, soon, her melodic voice carries through. I have instant chills. Her voice is so amazing.

"Leaking my songs already, P?"

And there she stands. The up and coming Queen of the Pop/R&B music charts, Y/N. Of course this was going to happen, stuff like this always happens when you talk about someone – they always show up when you're doing something, AKA listening to a snippet of their new single that only themselves and their producers have heard.

He stops the track with a laugh and looks at Y/N over his shoulder. "Nah, just got some major fanboys here." I look down and shake my head. "Y/N, this is Skate, Sam and John. What're you doing back?"

"My meeting got cancelled so I thought I'd come back and see what everyone's working on." Pierre leans back in his chair and nods. "What did you guys think of the track?" She asks as she sits down on the couch, right next to me.

"It was so good, you're an amazing artist." Sam kisses her ass straight away – why does that not surprise me?

Anytime there's a female in the room, he's instantly in fuckboy mode and trying to win her over in some messed up way. He doesn't care if she's 16 or 80, he'll still go for it. She could be married and he would still shamelessly flirt with her. But, that is just Sammy Wilk.

"Yeah, it was brilliant, Y/N, you're really talented." I say quietly, seeing as she's sitting just inches away from me. "Can't wait to hear the full song."

"Thanks you guys, it means a lot." She grins and lightly taps my arm. "I wrote it after I broke up with my ex, so it was kind of written in a Taylor Swift style." Well, I didn't even know she had a boyfriend and I didn't know that she broke up with him. "Who's recording today then?"

"That would be Skate here." Pierre nods at me and turns back to his computer, probably pulling up the half-made track from last time. "He's working on his first album."

"Oh really?" She asks and I just nod in response. "That's so cool, good luck with it. I'll get Pierre to tell me when it's out, I'll definitely buy it." Oh my God, Y/N Y/L/N wants to buy my album.

This is not a drill, I repeat, this is not a drill.

"Oh wow, thanks." I laugh lightly, trying not to let my inner nervousness and fanboy tendencies. I don't even know how I'm holding myself together right now. "I really like your latest single, by the way. We always have it on in the car."

"Thank you!" She grins and pushes her long brown hair behind her ear. "It was the first song I recorded being in this studio and it went straight to number 1, which shocked everyone." It didn't shock me, she's an amazing singer and the lyrics are damn amazing, she got all of the recognition she deserved for that song.

"You completely deserved it, Y/N, you have so much talent, you're amazing!"

"Okay, you're just trying to boost my ego now." She laughs and lightly slaps my shoulder. "I'm guessing that you're a rapper?"

"How did you guess?"

"You just have that look about you, you know? The tats, the snapback-"

"Yo, enough flirting you kids!" Pierre shouts, a little smirk toying on his lips. "Nate, you ready to go?" He asks me.

I nod my head and bounce up from the couch and head into the recording booth. I'm about to record in front of Y/N. I've never been nervous about recording anything before, not once. But I'm also extremely giddy about showcasing my ability to someone with her kind of talent, maybe it'll make her want to record with me, she's never recorded with a rapper before. Maybe I, someone who isn't all that big in the music industry, could be the first rapper she duets with.

 Maybe I, someone who isn't all that big in the music industry, could be the first rapper she duets with