Daddy Issues 7 // s.w

"Shay Isaac Wilkinson, get your ass down here!" I yell up the stairs at my 17 year old son. I've just gotten home to find the house messier than it was before I left 3 hours ago. I asked him to do two things – to tidy up the house and make sure his siblings ate. That's all he had to do, and he didn't. "Are you freakin' kidding me, Shay? You didn't tidy the god damn house again!"

He steps onto the first step at the top and shrugs his shoulders like it's not a big deal, typical. "Sorry. I fell asleep just after you left, I woke up like 20 minutes ago."

"Really, Shay? You did this last week."

He rolls his eyes at me and runs a hand through his messy brown hair. "I'm sorry that I fell asleep, it's not a big deal, mom."

"You didn't do what you were told to do again? Really, Shay?" Sam asks from behind me as he closes the front door. "You need to stop slacking, dude, really, it's not going to help you."

"Did the others eat lunch?" I ask and start picking up kids toys from the floor. Shay doesn't bother answering me, so I take it as a no. Great, I have to clean up after my kids and cook for them because their brother couldn't be bothered, as per usual.

Sam shakes his head and pulls everything out of my hand, dropping it back on the floor. "Don't clean it up, Y/N, he's awake now, he can do it himself." He looks up at our son, "Get your ass to work, or no allowance this week."

"Seriously?" Shay groans and starts walking down the stairs.

"If you want cash to go out, you gotta earn it, now start cleaning up." Sam orders and stalks down the hallway to the playroom. "This isn't fair, it isn't even my mess."

God, I hope that I wasn't that annoying when I was a teenager. Lori said Shay's a mini Sam, attitude and looks wise. I can barely keep calm when Shay acts like this, I don't know how Lori managed to keep her cool with Sam.

"So what if it isn't your mess? I don't make a mess around here but I'm still the one who has to clean it up, suck it up and clean up, boy."

"Yeah, but you chose to have kids, meaning that there's going to be a mess, therefore, your kids equals your mess."

"Every time you talk back to me, that's a dollar off of your allowance." I kick my shoes off and place them on the shoe rack and begin to follow after my husband.

"Are you freaking kidding me? That's bullshit!"

I glance over my shoulder, "Want me to make it five?"

"No." He slumps and starts to pick up the different toys and various objects scattered across the floor.

"That's what I thought."

-

"How was the appointment?" Amy asks and places a takeout coffee cup and a bagel on the table in front of me. She had come over with her kids to have our weekly catch up whilst Sam takes Shay to his basketball practice.

"It went well." I smile.

"Well in what way?"

"Well that we got what we thought we got."

"Are you serious?" I nod my head and take another sip of my drink. Amy's eyes widen as she sets her coffee cup down on a coaster. "Y/N, that's amazing! Congratulations!"

I grin at my best friend and look over at her daughter, Malia, playing blocks with my son, Cooper. They're the same age, both of them being 2, but Cooper being older by 3 months. We already have a plan for them to get married, they're best friends after all.

Amy's other two kids, Quinlee and Jordyn, are the same age as our two daughters, Maisy (13) and Saskia (9), so they all play together and hang out when they come over or we go to their house. It's pretty convenient, really.