Baby Names // j.s

"Have you decided on a name for the baby yet?" Madison asks after she sips her iced tea, crossing her legs over and getting comfortable on the restaurants chair.

I sigh and sip at my milkshake – the only drink that I've craving for the past 2 months and the only fluid that doesn't make me sick: I can't even drink plain water without wanting to chunder everywhere, I don't know where the hell this milkshake craving came from. "Nope, we can't seem to find a name that we both like."

"We were coming up with names in the studio the other day, Y/N, wanna hear some?" Johnson grins. I nod my head, here we go. These boys are so crazy when they try and help with anything to do with the baby. "Okay we got, John Junior, Jack, Nathan-" I shake my head and cut him off.

"I'm not naming my baby after any of you fuckers." I get a few laughs around the table.

"Language." John scolds.

I snarl at him. "Fuck off."

"He isn't even here yet but I can already tell his first word is gunna be 'fuck' something."

"Yeah, he'll be telling you to fuck off and leave him the fuck alone." I snap back and take yet another, triumphant sip of my cold shake.

John tried to make a bet with me that I could cut down on my cursing before the baby comes for whatever I want, and I don't cut down, he gets to go on the lads holiday with the boys.

I refused the bet because I knew that I would not be able to win.

"I'm so glad I got that on Snap." Madison laughs and puts her phone back on the table in front of her. "Anyway, have you two been through some names?"

"I like Jenson and Jarvey."

"Jarvey Swift?" I scoff with a laugh. "Get real."

"Yo, I don't criticise Spencer and Reed! Or Derek and Morgan!"

Gilinsky laughs loudly, "Criminal Minds names?" He's the first person to actually get why I like these names for my son. It's my guilty pleasure show and those two characters are really smart, my son would be honoured to be named after them.

"You fucking know it."

"You want to name our kid after a fucking show?"

"Well, duh."

"Oh my God."

The guys and Madison laugh at us quietly whilst we just give each other dirty looks. I think that the baby might just have to be named by our parents or the nurses at the hospital because we really aren't going to find a name that we agree on.

"At the moment, I like Luka, Seth and Cody." I chime with a smile but of course, my smile is ruined within just a few milliseconds.

"Seth Swift?" John laughs in the same way I did about the name Jarvey. "I don't think so."

"See, we can't agree on shit."

Swazz crosses his arms over his chest and sits back in his chair. "It would be so much easier to name him if he were a girl."

"Why?"

"Because we both like the name Felicity."

"Actually..." I grimace, turning slowly to look at my baby daddy.

He looks down at me and a scowl takes over his face. "Oh, for fucks sake."

"Okay, I've got an idea for you guys."

"What is it?"

"Find something, like a movie or TV show or something that you guys both like and find a character that you guys like the name of, or use the actors actual name."

"Ooooh, that's a good idea."

Nate puts his cup of water down on the table and puts in his two cent. "You guys are always either watching The Office or Family Guy, which do you prefer."

"Family Guy." I respond.

"The Office." John counters and we both groan.

"Okay," Madison rolls her eyes at how completely opposite we are, "Every time I come over, you guys are always watching How I Met Your Mother, go through every character that's ever been in it and pick a name you both like and BAM! You have a name."

-

"Ted?"

"No."

"Marshall?"

"No."

"Barney?"

I sit up from laying on the bed and shake my head. "I'm not having my son associated with a man-slut and a druggie, pedophillic dinosaur."

"How is Barney a druggie and pedophillic?"

"He's a toy that comes to life in the kids eyes and he hangs around with kids all day." I say it as if it's the most obvious thing in the world. Which it is.

"Ranjit?"

"No, John."

"James?"

"Too overused." I sigh and bite into a piece of chocolate.

"I agree." He nods and continues looking through the shows cast page. "Marcus? Brad? Garrison? Hammond?"

"Hammond reminds me too much of Nash for some reason." Hamilton and Hammond both have 'Ham' to start them and I just don't like it.

"What about Brad or Garrison?"

"I'd prefer Bradley or Harrison over them."

"I agree."

"Look! We agreed on something for the first time ever!" I grin and gasp jokingly, holding my hand up for a high five.

"Max?"

"There was like, 6 Max's in my high school class alone, it's too common now." I brush the name off and lay back down on my back. "I kind of really like Harrison right now."

"You do?"

"Yeah, I don't know anybody called Harrison so... And I kind of like Bradley as the middle name."

"I like the way you're thinking." John points at me with a smile. "But I thought you wanted your dads name as the middle?"

"I did but I like Bradley more now that I've heard it."

"So, Harrison Bradley Swift?"

"It's so fucking cute, oh my God, John!"

"We have a name!" John shouts down to everyone else in the house, and I hear a few cheers and whoots in celebration. It's taken us 8 months to come up with a name for our boy and we finally did it!