Chapter Twenty-Four: Off

<A Week Later>
Mark gritted his teeth, running a hand through his now natural colored hair. He had given up on dying it again, since all of the U.S. had given up and was blocked off from the rest of the world. He looked over at Jack, who was crying, laying on the corner of the bed next to his.

The other male was in a state of constant depression, and was ridden with anxiety. He also hated being around people other than Mark for the time being. Jack sighed, holding the picture of Signe closer to him. She had been reported missing along with Tyler, Ethan, Amy, Marzia and Felix, who was last reported near TFU headquarters. The resistance thought they all had been captured along with several who had been scouting the fortress that was their HQ.

Putting his hand on the window in their hotel room they were staying in, Mark growled. He hated seeing Jack this way, and those TFU bastards were going to pay for what they had done to the world, and mostly, his friends and fans. The raven-haired male grabbed his scavenger's pack and slung it over his shoulder. He took one last look at Jack, and left, going to talk to Ian and Anthony, the two left in charge until Felix was found.

<Later>

It was late, and Mark was tired. He had been out scavenging, and actually found some useful stuff. Unluckily, he had found some bodies of innocent people. Out of respect, he had buried them beside each other. Granted it took a while, but he felt better.

"Hey Mark?" A voice said from behind him. A Canadian male piped up as he crossed the main lobby of the hotel they used as part of their base. The raven-head spun around, seeing Evan, or as his friends used to call him, Vanoss. They had been taken by the enemy when scavenging. Poor Evan was left to find his way back, beaten and battered.

"Yeah Van?" Mark said quickly, his eyes darting around the room as he heard thunder rumble. Evan looked at him with sad eyes.

"Could you find Jack for us? Ian said he needed him and you for a meeting. I was supposed to get him, but I don't have your room key." The younger male said quietly. Mark nodded, and headed for the shared room.

As he opened the door to the room, something was immediately off. Jack wasn't in his bed, and the room was oddly silent. Mark cocked his head, and listened.

All he could hear was the dripping noise of the sink and shower.