Chapter Fifteen: Absolute Rage

Nate balled his fists, looking over at Mat's body. He shook with sadness and anger, hatred for that masked man who put the bullet in his friend.

He stood up, gritting his teeth. "W-What is this feeling? Hahaha....I know what this is. Hatred." Nate chuckled darkly, talking just loud enough for the masks to hear him. "You killed my friend." The musician walked foreword and got into a running stance.

"Now, you'll pay." Nate's eyes were covered by a dark purple filter. He sped off, tackling Sly. He raised his fist, diving it into the fox-masked man. His fist met a forcefield, which emitted a loud cracking sound from Nate's hand.

"F***! F*** F*** F***!" He cursed, holding his hand. "THAT IS IT!" Nate screamed, but Sly kicked him back. The musician flew some feet and hit asphalt. He skidded a few inches and tore through cloth and skin. Blood blossomed from parts of his body.

"Well, guess you aren't as smart as your friend. We'll be taking his body if you don't mind." Sly snarled, snapping his fingers. Two blank-faced masks grabbed Mat's body and escaped to a truck, where they took off.

"S-Screw.....y...yo...you...." Nate coughed. He clenched his jaw. "Y....you.....won't.....win...." Now, Sly stood above Nate,

"I will, whatever it takes." Sly chuckled, resting his boot on Nate' chest. "Whatever it takes." He rose his boot and slammed it into Nate, who didn't even flinch.

"Have you lost feeling because of fear?" Sly asked, slamming boot on Nate's chest, over and over.

"No." Nate said darkly. "It's because Nate is gone." The creature stood up. His eyes were dark and soulless. "He's given into his anger. Now, I get to kill you." The creature made a fist with his hand, thrusting it in front of the force field.

Sly put his hands to his neck, choking. He gasped over and over, trying to breathe oxygen. "Urk...ughhh....." Sly stopped and fell over, unconscious.

"Meet your worst.....'Natemare'. Ooh, I like that." Natemare said, looking at the rest of the masked crew. One had a green mask, with black eyeholes and black stripes across the top. Natemare sped in front of him.

He grabbed the man's throat. "Answer me. What is your name?"

The man gulped. "R-Remix...."

"Your real name."

"Jose."

"Good. Now, where is the theorist?"