Chapter Twelve: Awakening

Jin bit his lip, staring into the evil Ross' manic eyes. To not confuse himself, he called the torturer R.

"W....Wh....Wha....What.....d...do....y......yo....you.....w....wa.....wan...want....fr.....from....me....?" Jin croaked, his amber eyes dark and broken. "W...What.....did....I....do....?"

Ross chuckled. "Nothing. It's just, on Purge night, it's the poor and innocent that are victims. You know what we're planning now? To make it.....permanent." He grabbed a sharp knife and twirled it in his blood-stained hands.

"N....No..." Jin heaved. "Y....Your....bet....better....tha...than....thi....this..." The Asian hung his head and began to cry silently. He knew his time would be up soon. He knew he was only a few beatings away from death. Ross knew it too.

"Am I? We all turn into this on Purge night. Don't you remember? Law is no more Jin, and you will be too." Ross walked over to the table Jin was strapped to. He rose the sharp blade above his head and took a breath.

"It was nice-" Ross was cut off as a loud noise shot through the air. A rifle was lowered to reveal another masked man. He had a blue mask with a yellow V on it. A red color decorated the side of the mask.

"Come on Mr. Bop. We are saving you." The man slammed his fist on a green button, opening the metal clasps. Jin tried to move, but he couldn't. Wait, why couldn't he feel his arms?

Jin turned his head, pulling back his sleeve. His arm was gone. The entire thing was just gone. All of it up to his shoulder. He heard the man gasp.

"Your arms. They're both gone. Ross cut them off." The man swore under his breath, putting the rifle over his back. Then he put two fingers to the side of his head. "Homeless? I need back up. One of the men had no arms."

"Got it. Our's is missing a leg. Sending Immortal to help." Another man's voice responded.

A few minutes later, a woman with a purple mask and a yellow Batman symbol appeared. She nodded to the man and put her arms around Jin's waist, lifting him.

"I got you." Her voice assured him as she got the Asian to his feet. "Can you walk?"

"Y.....Ye....Yes...." Jin croaked. He started to follow the man, but the woman walked behind him.

After passing a few corridors, he saw a familiar purple and white jacket on a hook. It looked like it had been freshly washed and stitched up. He pointed his head at the item.

"M...My...ja....jack....jacket..." He croaked as the woman grabbed it and held it for him.

"It'll be put away safely when he arrive at transport." She said to Jin.

Jin nodded and tried to smile, which hurt his cracked skin and lips.

"T....Th...Tha...Thank....y...yo....you..."

<Elsewhere>
Adam was in his room, staring at a group picture of the office on his phone. They had just finished a challenge and Adam had lost, so they got to use his camera. For the last one, they got a group selfie.

Hot tears slid down his face. One rolled down his cheeks and fell, splattering on Ross' smiling, innocent face.

"Ross, if you're alive, please just wait. I'll be there soon."