Chapter Nine: Night Falls

Sean looked at his hands. "Woah." Green electricity snaked and jumped from hand to hand, seeming to delight the Irishman.

Mat stared at Sean in disbelief. "H-How? Whe-When? Wh-What?" Was all he could piece together. The theorist changed his attention to Mark and Nate, where he realized that Mark had these, "powers" too.

Nate chuckled and looked at Mat's expression. "Better close your mouth, you're catching flies Mat." He said in a mock tone.

Mat shut his dropped jaw and looked at himself. No physical, emotional or mental changes yet. Well, he hoped. Overall, Mat was just freaked out. One minute Science was a thing, the next, this happens. He really can't question it, since he doesn't have any data.

Sean closed his hands, the green glow vanishing. "Hey guys. I think we better be goin'. It's not safe near dark." He looked at the others, who agreed.

*A While Later*
A little while later, Mark had a fire going with some old SUV scrap. His fire manipulation would come in handy pretty soon.

"Hey guys? I was wondering, how come you guys have powers? I know I either don't have any or I haven't unlocked them yet, but how did we get them. Sorry, you." Mat asked, earning a shrug from all the fellow YouTubers.

"If anything," Nate started. "I'd like to find shelter and see exactly how long until this nightmare is over. I hate this already."

"Join the club." Mark groaned, leaning his head on the broken SUV.

"We have jackets too." Sean snickered, causing the others to laugh.

"That's what we need Jack, a little laughter. Thanks." Nate smiled, leaning on Mat's shoulder.

"Now let's sleep."