Chapter Twenty-Three: Havoc

Nate stood at the entrance of TFU's base, his eyes glazing over the poor security. "This will be too easy." He muttered to himself, getting into a running stance.

"One....two....THREE!" A deep voice shouted, speeding off into the base.

<Elsewhere>
Explosions rocketed throughout the filled base. A brown-haired man stood up, his expression filled with anger and murder.

"You've done well Mister Patrick." Another brown-haired male stood up, facing the first. "No fighting at all, and I must inquire why." He pushed up some glasses off the bridge of his nose.

"Because they abandoned me sir." The first male said with a semi-deep voice. "Is that correct?"

"Yes Mister Patrick. That is the correct response. You've got this down, so now I want you to go find the invader. Once you do, kill him."

"This will be a great fight." The first male opened his eyes to reveal a bright purple color in them. "He will die by my hands."

<Elsewhere>
Natemare sped around, blowing up walls and slaying unlucky guards. He eventually found a locked metal door and slowed down to a stop.

"NOTHING CAN GET IN MY WAY!" The demon yelled happily. He raised his hand and shot a murky purple orb at the door, shattering it to a thousand pieces.

"Maybe I can." A purple-eyed male stood in front of the demon, his arms crossed.

Natemare cocked his head at first, but realized who it was. "Oh I see. You're Mat. Nate didn't say you had purple eyes though....whatever. So you're now coming with me, okay?" The demon smiled.

Mat pulled out a pistol. "How about no?"

Natemare grinned madly. "A fight! Perfect!" He manifested a katana and held it out in front of him. "Though I prefer blades. Those are more messy." Natemare pointed the end of the blade at Mat.

"Then let's go." Mat stood still, dropping his pistol and grabbing a small pocket knife out of his belt loop.

Natemare was confused at first, because the other male wouldn't attack first, so he took this as an advantage. "Too easy!" He swiped at Mat, who stepped to the right swiftly to avoid being slashed.

"If you could remember, Nate should of told you one thing. I ain't human either." Mat teleported behind the demon, jamming the blade into Natemare's back.

Natemare howled in pain, his eyes' murky color fading. The tear streaks started to fade to red. "Don't make me laugh. You, a human? Hardly. Anyways," Natemare rose his blade and shoved it through his own chest, piercing Mat's chest, as he was standing behind him. "I like having an advantage. So, I'm going all out. Good luck."

Natemare's vision started to turn to red. His eyes were now fully black and the tear streaks were fully red. "I haven't done this in a while. Anywho, say hello to Hellmare!" Hellmare pulled out his katana and spun around, catching Mat off guard and slashing his left arm off.

"Argh! You bastard!" Mat cursed, falling to his knees. Suddenly, the purple glow started to fade in Mat's eyes.

Hellmare then spun around again, his blade heading for Mat's neck.

"N-Nate? U-URK! E.....ehe...."