Chapter Seventeen: Travel

"He's at the-the base...." Remix choked. Natemare scoffed and dropped him, leaving him to try to catch his breath.

"A base, eh? Where is that base?" Natemare asked,

"L-LA..." Remix coughed.

"Good. Now you all leave. I don't want another death in my-I mean Nate's hands." Natemare snarled as the soldiers grabbed Sly's knocked out body and loaded him into a truck. Engines started and they sped off, wanting to get far away from the monster.

Natemare held his head. "Looks like someone's waking up..." He fell to the ground, letting Nate take control.
<Elsewhere>
"Come on Sean! We've got to get to Seattle!" Mark yelled. He was waiting for Sean to catch up.

"Y-You k-know I-I'm n-not f-fast." Sean panted.

"Got it. Now, we've only got about a mile or so till we-that's odd." Mark stopped at the edge of the forest.

The sky was covered in a sickly yellow light. It almost seemed evil, kind of threatening something. He could hear screaming throughout the quiet city. Was it the place they were headed to? Or was it someone else?

"Mark....wait.....up...." Sean ran faster and saw what Mark did. "W-Woah."

They both climbed over the steel guardrail and walked over the asphalt road to the city of Seattle. It was too quiet, even for the permanent Purge they were under.

A man stood by in a building, sniper in hand. He pressed his fingers to his head. "Gavin....come in. We've got our targets."

"Got it. Let's go, Michael."