Chapter Three: A Group Forms

Mat looked to Nate as chaos formed in the mall. People ran screaming, pushing past Mat and Nate. They were being separated.

"NATE!" Mat said as everything went slow motion. Blood was flying everywhere, blinding the theorists vision.

Nate reached for Mat's hand, but was pulled away by a running woman with her two children and husband. He pushed by people and ran for his significant other.

"MAT! HELP!" People trampled him and he was thrown against a glass barrier which over looked the floor below him. A drop from a floor up could seriously injure him. And he could tell, seeing bodies already there.

Nate was pressed against the barrier harder and harder. It was now starting to crack. "MAT!" He felt everything stop as the glass finally gave out. He tumbled back, but a hand grabbed his wrist.

"HOLD ON NATE!" Mat was above him, holding to a metal pole which separated each glass barrier. But the musician noticed that his fingers were slipping.

"I got you!" A deep voice yelled, grabbing Mat's arm. It was Mark.

"Me too!" A Irish voice called. Sean was there too. "We got you two!"

Both Mark and Sean pulled them up, but Nate noticed something was missing. His blue guitar -his favorite- was sitting broken on the tile below.

"Come on Nate! We got to go! Now!" Mat grabbed Nate's wrist again and dragged him to the exit as he heard something beep.

"MAT! THERE IS A-" An explosion rocketed in the mall, sending the four flying outside the mall. All were covered in blood now.

"MAT!" Nate looked at Mat, feeling his pulse. He was alive, but in bad health. The musician picked up Mat's body, sighing deeply. Sean and Mark were thankfully alive too, but Mat was unconscious, which wasn't a good thing.

Luck struck once more as he saw an unlocked black SUV. He tossed Mat in the back, safely and he saw Mark climb in the back with the theorist.

Sean climbed in the passenger seat and Nate noticed the keys were still in the ignition. He turned them as the engine roared to life, speeding down the road.

They had to find somewhere safe, and fast.