Chapter Two: Office Mayhem

Adam yawned, waking out of his office. The others were either busy recording of editing so Adam turned on the TV there. An alarm sounded through the television playing the same message he had heard from his friend Mark.

Of course, the YouTuber didn't believe it till now. Doors opened and footsteps rang both inside and outside.

"The annual Purge had begun! See you all in 12 hours, if you survive...." The lady said before Adam shut off the TV. What about Alesa and Mason? What about his parents who were helping her?

He heard Ross and Max fighting and saw Barney intervene, trying to break them up. They seemed to be fighting about somewhere to hide.

Adam ran over. "SHUT UP AND FIND A SAFE PLACE TO HIDE!" He yelled, stopping the small verbal fight. Ross, Barney, Max and Adam stopped when they heard gunfire. Glass shattered and Adam saw blood.

And lots of it. He didn't know if it was from him or anyone else.

A sharp pain hit his leg, causing him to fall and cut himself on glass shards. Blood spilled from his wounds and stained the carpet of the office.

He saw two masked figures above him, holding rifles. More were swarming in, taking any piece of technology they could find. Adam turned his head, then immediately wished he didn't.

Two bodies were sprawled on the floor. One was of Uni, the other Barney. Both were soaked in blood, bullet holes and glass sticking out of them. Adam then threw up in his mouth and looked above him.

"Shut up Arin! We have to move quickly! Jon is waiting you know!" A man yelled. It was familiar to Adam's ears, but he couldn't make it out.

"Fine Barry! But we better have someone to take with us!" The other man called back.

"We do!" The man named Barry held up a body, fortunately alive. It was Asian, and wearing a purple and white jacket. Jin. It was his collection day. He was taking fan mail back his house.

"Why the Asian? He doesn't even look that strong, or smart for that matter?" The other man, Arin yelled, looking through the shattered window.

"Trust me, this guy has a huge IQ! As for the strong part, he still beat me up when I had to subdue him! Ross will be happy erasing his mind!" Barry said.

"And Danny?"

"He's fine! You go-wait, I got a conscious one! Gimme a sec!"

The end of a rifle came into view before it collided with Adam's head, knocking him out cold.