Chapter 42

•Ana's Pov•

I began walking back out to the car, Chads proscription in hand. Harry was walking behind me before we parted our ways to our vehicles.

Chad was half awake when I got into the drivers seat. "Where'd you go?" He mumbled.

"I went to go get your pain meds." I pulled out of the parking space. Harry following right behind.

***

Chad would have to be staying at my place for the remainder of the time that he would be recovering. Not with my Mom. I'm guessing that Mom never told any of the others at the hospital that I had moved out. Which was like her.

"You alright?" I asked Chad when I passed my bedroom. He's been staying in my room and I've been in the living room.

"Yeah." Was all he said before sinking back down into my pillow.

A knock filled the apartment as I made my way to the kitchen. Today was a Wednesday so I had to work. I missed it there even though I've only been gone one day.

I walked over to the door and opened it to see Harry standing in the door way.

"Hey." I mumbled.

"How is he?" Harry nudged his head toward Chad.

"He's good.-" I felt my phone vibrate beneath my hand in my clutch. "-Hold on."

I walked into the kitchen and pulled out my phone.

Missed Call Mom

Great...

I decided to call her back.

"Ana! Oh my gosh! I never thought I would hear from you in awhile." My over-worried Mother ranted on the other line.

"What do you mean?"

"You and... Ha-Him. It's like he's controlling you, love." She explained. I could already see the disgusted look on her face when she tried to actually say "Harry."

Honestly, I don't think that she knows what's best for me. I know what's best for me. She doesn't appreciate anything that I do.

"Well, he's not okay? I have to go." I hung up the phone before she could protest.

"Something wrong?" Harry appeared in the kitchen and stood next to me. He grabbed my hand and traced circles onto my skin.

"It's just my Mom." My hand flew up to my forehead and I closed my eyes.

I heard Harry sigh when suddenly I was lifted up off the ground by my waist and placed onto the counter behind me. A small squeal filled the air once I was placed.

Harry appeared in front of me. His torso between my thighs. "Don't worry about her alright? She's just..-" he paused as to find the right word in his dictionary. "-very protective."

I smiled slightly at where he was standing and looked down at the white counter that became very interesting.

•Thanks so much for reading! Hope you liked this chapter.•

Follow me on IG and Tumblr: @hidingwithstyles

Twitter: @Ginny_Wise

*Ginny*