Okita Souji x reader (Pregnancy Woes)

Dedicated: ILoveWolvezz

(Y/n) - Your name

(H/c) - Hair colour

(H/l) - Hair length

(E/c) - Eye colour

(Souji pov)

Standing aback to watch his soldiers training under Souji's intense scrutiny while handling a katana as he tried to spot the weaker links amongst the group. The breeze never did any justice to the sweat rivuleting down his back clinging the inner shirt of his kimono yet Souji was never bothered by the discomfort.

To watch him train the men, the trio sat on the steps as both had returned from their patrolling informing Souji that someone would dropped by to visit him later on.

"Extra time for those who aren't following my steps," he barked orders.

"HAI!"  a chorus of men replied.

He sighed mentally, wondering if Chizuru chan had cooked some delicious meal because Souji's belly rumbled; everyone knew that being quiet was a wise choice instead of cracking a joke in the middle of his training because Souji would only cause them more harm than necessary.

"SOUJI KYUN!"

A lone female's voice floated enticingly towards Souji making him jerked his brown head to the wide entrance and blinking at the (h/l) (h/c) girl waving one arm raised above her head while jogging in a hurried pace.

"(Y/N)!"

Souji growled at the girl abandoning the men to race forward when she caused him to suffer a heart attack by faltering a little due to the stone pathway. Clutching onto the kimono's sleeve before righting the gasping female trying to salvage the buns while a few rolled on the ground; silence reigned as those wide gullible (e/c) eyes stared a hole to the now hopeless buns.

"(Y/n)," Souji scolded. "What are you thinking to run without a care to-"

"SOUJI KYUN!"  she wailed aloud startling a few of his soldiers. "I DROPPED T-THEM!"

He blinked at those tear filled gaze in the shade (e/c) before it tracked continuously down those puffy pink tinted cheeks.

(Y/n) Okita was seven months pregnant, something he inwardly cringes yet experienced excitement at the idea of meeting his own baby someday. But the only setback was the runaway hormones of his sweet and even tempered missus because standing in front of him was person he had only been acquainted from the moment (y/n) announced to him that she was happily pregnant.

The sudden mood swings were worse than his own; Souji had to be the even tempered male within their household. Taking all in stride when his adorable yet chubby-he never dared to say that word aloud-wife hit him feeling the feather light hands slapping his back or caterwauling for apparently no reason and the boys back in the headquarter certainly enjoyed his predicament.

He remembered Hijikata san chuckling evilly letting Souji know that it was payback considering the hell he had caused because of his pranking self.

"Shh," he placated his wailing wife. "We have enough in the bask-"

"IE!"  she dragged the word. "MY HARDWORKING BREADS JUST DROPPED! LIKE A SAD BIRD FALLING DEAD FROM THE SKY!"

Supressed sniggers was heard from the background figuring the baka trio were thoroughly enjoying the spectacle.

"N-N-NOW, I WANT TO FEED MY HUSBAND! HOW WILL I F-FEED YOU, SOUJI KYUN?!"

Souji took one of the leftover bread from the basket to tear a piece by using his teeth all the time looking into his pitiful wife's wavering gaze. Chewing aloud making an appreciative noise, exaggerating on the munching while grinning with both cheeks puffed out before swooping down to tickle her with his nose at the neck listening to the soft giggle.