Toshizo Hijikata x reader (Give Me Another Chance)

Dedicated: resincharm

(Y/n) - Your name

(L/n) - Last name

(H/c) - Hair colour

(H/l) - Hair length

(E/c) - Eye colour

(Your pov)

"Toshi kun!" You called out to the shinsengumi vice commander right in the middle of the busy Kyoto street.

Garnering curious stares from passerby because your feature was flushed due to the male whom now bestowed you a warm smile.

Another captain stood by his side before bowing away to leave you pair alone as the sun shone on his auburn tress.

The spark of friendship started off when the purple eyed demon ventured into your restaurant but a few men took that opportunity to cause a commotion.

Tugging on your kimono at the same time mouthing off lewd comments when the furious vice commander stepped between and took care of the matter.

By then, the group of men sported a pulp expression with blood dripping continuously.

Because of his intervention, you showed gratitude by offering any shinsengumi men free meal. Although he was blushing beet red still you managed to coerced him; the visit became regular with rough looking men seen within the restaurant.

Unlike most of the Kyoto residents, you weren't afraid of the blue coated police officers in fact your heart had chosen a certain male.

Now, you stood beside him to clutched onto the lapel of the coat suggesting the exasperated man to tag along to your cozy shop.

"I'm busy now.." he sighed aloud.

"But you are on your way back to the headquarter, am I right?" You ambled in front of him as a lock of (h/c) hair fell gently against your pink cheek.

"What do you want, (y/n) chan?" Even as he asked that question a soft smile was visible.

"I packed lunches for everyone," you beamed.

"(Y/n) chan," he paused inside the cooling room as you puttered off for the kitchen. "You already know that a girl resides with us and cooks for us."

A stab of pain pricked in your heart at the mention of another female; the thought of him in the same presence as her caused fear.

You were worried that he might eventually fall in love with the comely female.

"O-oh?" You blinked faking confusion. "But.. I just wanted to.."

"It's okay," he gently cut off your explanation to step forth for the bundle of basket. "I shall take these but thank you."

"How long will she stay there?" You enquired midly.

Toshi kun blinked once at the sudden question; stared at you for a moment before answering.

"I don't know but she is my page now," he informed. "The poor girl is searching for her father."

Cold fingers gripped onto your senses because that only meant they spent time together quite often.

"Is that so.." you whispered.

"I have to leave now," he bowed at you before walking away.

"I hope you don't fall for her, Toshi kun," you spoke to no one in particular.