Saito Hajime x reader (She Wolf)

(y/n) - Your name

(h/l) - Hair length

(h/c) - Hair colour

(l/n) - Last name

(e/c) - Eye colour

(Reader pov)

The inky twilight sky with a half moon hidden behind dark clouds only lent it's sliver of light on the grounds of Kyoto. Within the deep woods a pair of young females trod forward leaving the shinsengumi headquarters far behind while the raven head girl clad in boy's outfit sported a determined expression while her companion never revealed her true thoughts.

Packing a small sack with their measly belongings and enough food to last for only a week, both friends walked in comfortable silence as in each one were lost in their own thoughts.

Their friendship begun a year ago after Yukimura Chizuru spotted the lone female with (h/l) (h/c) sitting by herself near the riverbank. A quiet path which leads to the headquarter, the (e/c) eyed girl had tattered clothes with dry blood coated on the torn kimono when Chizuru called out from the other flabbergasting Heisuke whom guided her to the nearest temple.

Much to everyone's surprise, Chizuru had acquired an odd follower since the other repeated the short sentence that she was grateful for the raven head saving her life and placing her under the shelter of the mibu clans. Soon, the pair became close friends at the same time the captains begun to relax around (l/n) (y/n) since she meant no harm to anyone.

Yet, the (h/c) head was unbeknownst that another half demon had set his heart on her because just any other, she presumed that the rest of the captains were infatuated with the comely yet shy demon princess. But (y/n) had a secret of her own several times she was almost caught by the scent of hers whenever Chizuru would frown informing an unfamiliar whiff lurked around and the other would brush it off laying the blame on stray woodland animals.

Although, the scent belonged to another foreboding creatures sneaking in the middle of night nearby the headquarter when shinsengumi guards had shared their insights to their commanders of witnessing huge dogs in certain pack from afar. The look of stupefy on each of the men was clear that they weren't even sure what those sort beasts roamed in the bleak darkness.

(Your pov)

The distance ate up with each steps but you dutifully trailed after your young saviour because the both of you are on a mission. When Chizuru announced that she planned on meeting her twin-Kaoru-so that her beloved friends would not be further harmed; also she blamed herself for bringing upon the trouble onto the rest.

"Are you sure they won't be furious?" you murmured in a soft tone. "They care really deep about you and if Chizuru chan is hurt the men might strip your skin and hang it dry."

In front of you, Chizuru chan shuddered by your explanation perhaps by the image as well when she turned those dark eyes behind to frown yet fear was visible in those wide pools.

"Stop saying like that," she complaint. "I am doing this for their own good and (y/n) chan shouldn't have followed me."

"The reason is simple for me," you sighed softly. "I don't wish to see Chizuru chan in any harm."

"Thank you, (y/n) chan," Chizuru chan grasped your hand.

You offered your friend a brave smile but inwardly, you missed a certain indigo haired male since your interest in him had grown considerably by the amount time spent within the walls of the headquarters. But only from the distance you admired him because you have caught him smiling down on the raven head whenever they were seen together but when it came to you, he wouldn't glance your way much less utter a few syllabus.