Okita Souji x reader (A Secret Affair)

(h/l) - Hair length

(y/n) - Your name

(Reader pov)

Kondou Isami was seated amongst the captains with a cheery expression because his oldest daughter (y/n) chan came over for a surprise visit at the shinsengumi headquarter. Now she sat beside the hyped man regally like a true leader; admittedly stunning just like her oka san although the commander's wife stayed back home to care for their rambunctious twins yet.

"You look just like your father!" Chizuru exclaimed.

The men agreed wholeheartedly, as the other female blushed by the compliments gazing into the cup with a hint of smile.

"I think she looks more like her mother," Isami puffed proudly.

When the men realized that their commander was preening because of the girl they exchanged glances before chuckling at him. Because Isami had taken the young captains under his wings mostly adopting them although it causes a little trivial amidst them since the commander would fuss over the rest of the captain like mother hen.

The sound of soft footfalls indicated someone arriving to the wide washitsu in a steady pace when the person revealed himself. Emerald orbs narrowed slightly at the stranger with similar dark brown hair like his beloved commander as well as those wide brown eyes that collided with his own when it hit the male regarding the other that she was the daughter of Kondou Isami.

(Souji pov)

"Neh, Kondou san," Souji interrupted the lively chatter as he stepped into the spacious. "Who is she?"

"Meet Kondou (y/n)," the man introduced with a wide grin as he places one hand over the small ones. "She is my eldest daughter and she looks just like-"

"Her mother," everyone in the room pitched in.

"Ahahaha!" Isami laughed with a blush on his cheeks while rubbing the back of his head. "Gomen gomen."

But the soft giggle caught Souji's attention as he marvelled the comely female to top it off, she was the daughter of his commander whom the captain regards in high order. When he joined in the rest, Chizuru bestowed a cup of hot green tea with dangos to his delight while those emerald eyes strayed over to the girl sitting near her father.

The pair seemed to be in serious discussion when Kondou san cleared his throat, "Chizuru chan, can my daughter share the room with you for tonight?"

"Hai!" Chizuru beamed.

"But father," the girl frowned slightly. "I can go home now, you don't have to worry about my safety."

"(Y/n) chan," Hijikata intervened. "Your father has a reason to fear for your safety because Kyoto is not safe comes night."

"But.. it is still daylight," she stubbornly refute.

Souji figured the stubbornness might have been taken after from the mother since Kondou san harboured a gentle soul.

"I can fetch (y/n) chan back home," Souji offered. "Nobody will dare to come near with me beside her."

Her light brown eyes shot at where Souji sat and winked enjoying the flushed feature of (y/n) chan as she glances away but peers at him from sideway. A smirked forms on his expression when he caught sight of a grinning Harada with a knowing countenance before gazing away because Souji had taken quite an interest in the female hoping he would have a chance to interact with her.

The chance dropped on Souji's lap after what seemed like an hour or so with variety of food displayed in the middle as a form of mini celebration. Before she exited the room, (y/n) chan casted a fast peek toward; allowed the space of time until he too stood up thankfully nobody acknowledged his presence.