Thirty-seven

Today 5 years ago Connor was about to kill himself at this time.

5 years ago it rained at this moment.

5 years ago the wind was blowing so hard we could barely hear each other.

Today, the sun shines.

Today, there is no wind.

We are sitting in our small garden, next to each other.
We are both drinking red wine.
Purple flowers are on our table, we are looking at the green grass.

We celebrate life today.
We did that last year too, and the year before, and the year before, and the year before.
Con nearly died. He could've just jumped. But he didn't. Luckily not.

A lot of things happened the last 5 years.

I brought out my single, Happy Little Pill, wich was already great.
A few weeks after that, I brought out my EP, wich I called TRXYE, people loved it and I even heard myself on the radio!
One and a half year later I brought out my first album: Blue Neighbourhood. I put HEAVEN on the album too, wich was hard but so good to do. I'm really living the life I love right now: I'm doing lots of shows, writing lots of music and I kiss a lot with the most beautiful man on earth.

Con is doing very well too. Common Culture is getting bigger and bigger and we see so many people walking around with t-shirts, caps or sweaters.
We even opened the first real Common Culture store, wich is the most beautiful store I've ever seen in my entire life. Con designed it himself and I'm so proud of him.
He is doing all fine now. 5 years ago he was suffering from depression, but we got through it. Together.

We moved, but not to the 'big city'. We couldn't let go of suburbia.
We moved to a bigger house, instead of an apartment. We have our own garden, a balcony and the house is so cute and beautiful.

We live more near the city though, a 15 minute drive and we're at Heardwell.

Con and I are so happy together.

I take a sip the my wine and look at Con. You can see from his eyes that he's thinking.
"What are you thinking about?"
"You"
I smile.

I pull him from his chair in my lap and look at his eyes. Even after 6 years of knowing him I still drown in them. I'll never get used to how pretty they are.
Then I close my eyes and move my head to his. I feel his warm lips touching mine and I can't help but fly away in my dreams. When he kisses me it still feels like we're not on the earth. We're flying, falling, drowning, floating.
I pull away.

"Con, do you remember the time we first met?"
"Ofcourse I do! You were standing all alone while I was on the balcony with all my fake friends. And then I walked up to you because I felt alone and you looked cute. You kissed the girl I pretended to like about 5 times and we're drunk af. You were wearing that cute blue and orange bomber jacket and a beanie, your hair was a bit sweaty and you were so nervous aawh"
He hugged me.
He was right.
"Was my hair really that sweaty?" I asked concerned
"It was cute!" Con said
I covered my face with my hand in embaressement. I felt his hand slowly moving up from my arms to my hands. He held them and slowly pulled them away. He looked my in the eyes. He smiled. He kissed me.

"Con, do you remember the time we first kissed?"
"I do, yes. You were staying at my apartment for a few days. You were sad because you thought your life was a mess and you were making a list about it. One of the points on your list was 'asking Con if he feels the same'. And I did. And I was able to help you with a few things, like an apartment, a job, a record label etcetera, aaand I felt the same. I asked you to be my boyfriend, as cheesy as I am, and then we kissed. It felt like we were flying above the sky, oh god, I love kissing you" and than he kissed me again.