Nineteen.

"Come on, let's go sit down" I said, while we were walking to the couch.
Connor was still shaking and tears were running down his cheeks.
"Con, it's okay, you can cry. Don't worry."
He hugged me tight.
"Connie, it's okay, you don't have to talk. We'll just stay here."
He hugged me tighter.
I kissed him on his hair. I didn't know what was wrong, and I wanted to know. But Connor clearly wasn't ready to talk about it.

After a few minutes he started talking.
"Troye, you know, a few days ago I came out for you. 2 days later I tried to come out for myself. But I couldn't. Today, I looked myself straight into the eyes in the mirror. And, Troye, I told it. I told it to myself."
"Oh Connor I'm so proud of you!"
"No you aren't. Because right after I was crying again. And I don't want to be who I am. And you shouldn't be proud of that."
"Con, ofcourse I am proud of you! You told yourself you are who you are. And that's the first step. We're taking baby steps, remember?"
"It's just, because of the song. I- I remembered the moment of telling it to myself. And I know it's ridiculous, but I feel so lost."
"Oh but Connor, I feel so lost too. And it's okay if we're not ready to be found yet."
"Is it really?"
"Ofcourse. We are still young." I kissed him on his hair again.

"It's okay, Connie. It's okay."

When Connor felt a little better we made dinner. We made it together, and ate it at the kitchen table. We ate taco's. They were the best I had ever had.

We decided to listen to some music that night.
It was a night full of joy, tears, happiness and love. We listened to the music, to each other talking about the music. We comforted each other, we laughed together. We kissed each other. We hugged each other.

I wanted to write Connor a song, but didn't know exact details. I just knew I should do it. Because, damn, I love him so bad.

I wanted to write about us running away from this neighbourhood together.
I wanted to write about us not looking back.
I wanted to write about us being a really good team.
I wanted to write about the crazy chemistry between us.
I wanted to write about us buying stuff at the convinience store.
I wanted to write about us making new clichés.
I wanted to write about us in suburbia.