Eight.

We woke up at 6 in the morning, both not tired anymore. Connor seemed surprised when he saw me lying next to him. "Troye, what are you doing?" He asked.
"Nothing happened, Connie" his eyes lit up again. "Luckily not" I continued.

"Troye, about yesterday, are you, well, you know, uuuhm- well, g-ga"

"Uhm, yes, I am. I am gay. But you are, besides my parents and siblings, the first one I've ever told."

"Same for me. But I haven't even told myself yet. I'm so scared, Troye. I'm so so scared. I don't want to be who I am."

"Connor, listen to me. If you ever want to he happy in life, you need to accept yourself. Be yourself. And maybe even love yourself. It's the secret key to happiness. And I know it's hard to find that key. But it's important to find it. Because if you find it, you'll be happy. And I know it's hard to accept yourself. I've been through it. And it's hard. But you'll get through it too. And I'll help you if you want me to."

"Thank you so much, Troye. Thank you so much."

"It's okay Connie, now, let's go get breakfast. I think we forgot to have dinner yesterday evening."

"I indeed think we forgot. I'm very very hungry" he smiled. And so did I.

After breakfast I decided I had to go home for a few hours, but I'd get back to Connors' as soon as possible. I couldn't just leave him alone, he was still so vulnerable after yesterday evening.
"Con, are you okay with me going home for an hour or 3? I have to pack some things, but I'll be back soon. Okay?"
"It's okay Troyeboy" he said, and he winked to me.

We walked to the door together and hugged.

"Troye" he said
"Yes Connor,"
"About you being drunk the day before yesterday... What happens in suburbia, stays in suburbia. Don't worry."
I smiled and nodded. And smiled again. Then I walked away.

I knew where I was. We both lived in the same neighbourhood which was pretty small. It was just a 10-minute walk to my house.

When I came home my mom hugged me, told me how incredibly worried she was, and I told her everything was fine. We talked for some time, mostly about Connor. Luckily she agreed with my plan of staying with him for a few days. We packed my bags together.
We kissed each other goodbye, and I promised I'd call every day.

I walked past the supermarket and decided to get some food for Connor and me. I took a frozen pizza, a jar of Nutella, Oreos (so that we could deep-fry them), some apples and crisps. I paid and walked through.

When I walked past the flower shop, I decided to get Connor some flowers.
After a lot of hesitating I finally choose for a yellow bouquet of tulips.

When I arrived at Connors house, exhausted, because I was carrying my bag, the groceries and the flowers, Connor opened the door for me. We looked at each other. I drowned in his eyes. They were bright, green, they had a little sparkle in them. I love his eyes so much. "Hi" I said.
"Hi" he answered.

He took the bag full of groceries from me and carried it to the kitchen.
"Con" I began
"Tro" he replied
"Are you okay with me staying here for a few nights? I think it's really good for both you and me."
He turned around so that he could see my face. His eyes lit up. His mouth curled into a smile. "Ofcourse you can!" he said happily.

That was a relief.
"Thank you!" I said, and I hugged him.

I wanted to break free, but he held me so tight, I couldn't. And than I hugged him tight back. We stood there for a very long time. When we let go of each other, I saw he had been crying.

"Con, what's wrong?" I asked
"It's just," he sniffed "It's just that you are so nice and so kind and I've been on my own for almost 4 years now. I couldn't take it anymore, and now you're here. And I believe in miracles. And I believe you are one."