Thirty-four

Days with Connor are the best.
But today was not a day with Connor.
Still it was one of the best days of my life.
How is that possible?
Well, I'll explain you.

Today, was the day I went to the studio's.
Today, was the day I met the people who would change my life by recording my music.
Today, I was singing my music, in a studio.
In a studio, so not in a crappy microphone at home (it wasn't that crappy, actually, I spent a lot of money on it).

Today, was the day.

I was super super exited, and woke up way too early.
I had breakfast with Con, and I left, way too early again. But I was just very, very afraid I'd be late.

I took an Uber, alone, because Connor had some meetings and he had to work on new products too (Common Culture Vol. VI, for example).
So, when I arrived at the studio, I walked in.
I wasn't thát early, because there was a lot of traffic on the way here.

I walked to the reception desk, and told the man who sat there about my appointment. He told me the way to the waiting room.

When I arrived at the waiting room I was totally restless. I decided to text Con.

To: Con 💕
I arrived but I'm really nervous but I'm so exited I have to wait for about 15 minutes, can you text me during this horribly long 15 minutes or are you busy?

From: Con 💕
Awe, Tro, it will be fine, don't be too nervous, it will f*ck up your voice! You're amazing, you can do it! I'm so proud of you! We can talk for a sec, ofc lyxx

To: Con 💕
Thank you Con da bon, ily2, and I think it will be fine, I'm tying to control my nerves and it's working a bit so. Good luck with your meeting xx

From: Con 💕
I'm happy hear that, and don't remember to breathe, honey

To: Con 💕
cOnNoR they are calling my name I nEEd to gEt in I'm not reAdy but I'm OkAy it'lL be fine pls help me. I'm. Not okay ily ily ily

From: Con 💕
BREATHE!!!

From: Con 💕
I'm proud of you no matter what! Good luck, take care AND HAVE FUN (you and me in an old jeep)!! Ily Tro!! You can do it 💙

To: Con 💕
Ty ty ty ily I'll text you when I have my lunch break xx ilysm

Right after I pressed 'send' I pushed the door to the studio open. 3 faces were staring at me.

"H-hi" I stuttered

The faces were still staring at me.

"I'm Troye, I had to get in?"

"Ooh you're Troye! I didn't expect a young boy like you, I'm sorry" the man who was sitting left said. He immediately stood up and shook my hand.
"I'm Caspar, welcome, that's Josh" he pointed to the middle man "and that's Joe"
I shook their hands and nodded as a greeting.
They smiled back.

Caspar began talking again.
"Ofcourse we need to record a lot of songs today. Mr. Lester told me you would like to record the whole EP today, is that correct?"
"Yes it is" I responded "I have an other job too, and it would be really nice if we could record the whole EP today"
"That is possible, but we'll need to work hard. All of us" and he turned to Josh and Joe who were laughing with each other.
They nodded and stopped laughing and talking.

"So, wich song would you like to record first?"
"Happy little pill, please"
Caspar nodded, gave me headphones and told me to walk in the real studio. I walked to the microphone and as soon as the music in my headphones started, I began singing.

Caspar, Joe and Josh were very busy with lots and lots of buttons and other things in the other room, I could see it through the glass.

It went so well, that I could record the whole EP in one go.

During lunch break I texted Con about how well it was going, and he told me how proud he was.

After lunch break I had to record all the songs again, so that there was more material to choose from. They always do that.

It was an exhausting day, especially for my voice.

Around 5pm I could finally go home.
Caspar, Josh and Joe said I did a really good job.

When I got home, Con already was sitting at the table with dinner ready.
We ate dinner and went to sleep, both really tired. Con told me how proud he was about a thousand times.
I love him so much.
We fell asleep holding hands.