33

#oma

ONE MONTH AFFAIR

PART 33

"Congo bro," I hugged purab tightly and smiled at him.

"Where were you?  Don't lie. I know both of you can't stand each other and the project has nothing to do with it," he said in matter of fact.

Wow! My brother knows me so well.....

"I will tell you later, " I whispered and hugged an ever blushing Vrinda.
" We should be leaving now. Even we need to prepare for engagement tomorrow, " mom smiled at Mehta aunty and excitement filled my nerves.

"Mom, I will take them to the jeweller's shop, " I announced.

"Oh please! Not you. If you send her she will make them buy a simple ring with no romantic note on it," Aahana whined.

"Aahana" I warned him.

"No no Aahana don't worry.  Our elder sister here has a romantic angle too," purab laughed on me along with all of them.

I just stomped my foot there.

"Vrinda,  take shaksham too. He wanted to buy you a ring," her mother said to Vrinda and I knew they were talking about something else too. And I was really worried for this change in his mood. I may hate-like him but I really don't want him to be this upset at this jolly occasion. As the elders started to leave I whispered to Vrinda, ' don't ask but I want you to show me his room".
I could see the mischievous and quizzical glint in her eyes but I followed her and was so thrilled to be in his room for the first tine.

" The room is third from left," she instructed and I followed her lead and stopped in front of his door. I can hear him punching sound, the thumping was so strong and his huffing was quiet loud. He was so angry I can tell.
Without even knocking I peeked inside and was filled with all thrill and excitement and so much only by watching him punching the punch bag ruthlessly without even bandages on his knuckles. They were bleeding.  Oh my god!  He is going to hurt himself by this. And like a stupid that I was I rushed to him and hold the bag resisting him from punching that thing.
His face filled with rage, an unknown aggression and anger that I've never known existed inside him.
"Get out," he said with greeted teeth and clenched jaw.

"What happened to you?" I asked in worty.

"None of your business, " he spat and turned away from me.

"We're leaving to chose an engagement ring. Let's go and calm yourself, " I calmly said walking closer to him.

"Just. Get. Out," he said controlling himself.

"What's the matter shan. You were so different today and you're different now," I said placing my hands on his shoulder.  But that must have added some fuel to his anger as he turned and clutched my side trapping me with his body and digging his blood draped nails in my skin.

"Just bloody stay away from me. Why are you so adamant to know about me.  Were you worried? Coz I know bloody noone cares," he shouted and I closed my eyes trying to avoid the pain I was getting.

"Shaksham-" I started but cut off by him again.

"Paining, isn't it? Now feel what I'm feeling, " he said and pulled me harshly tpwards him hurting me more. He roughly placed his forehead on mine and pressed it a little more. I calculated that it was my mistake to push him over and now I'm getting punishment of it. He didn't let me go from his grasp the only sound in the room was our unsynchronized breathing and I wouldn't dare to open my eyes again untill there was a knock on the door.

----------
Like and comments.