32

#oma

ONE MONTH AFFAIR

PART 32

That was my first time visiting shaksham's house. I was quiet impressed by the care and management of his garden. There was area where the birds were being fed, and a wooden house of rainbow colour was really attractive there then there was other side which was the front view of the house which had a fountain just in front of the main door with the statues of angels pouring water. It was kinda weird that we were quite whole ride but the fake boyfriend of mine refused to talk with me ever since I chirped 'I wanna meet your family'. He was kinda tensed with the fact that me or maybe with me he was going home. Whatever it was; it was mysterious to me.

As soon as we entered; we were greeted by the maids and then were lead directly to the back garden which was after the  main hall; the rest of the rooms were not my concern where they were.

I spotted my dad, mom, Aahana, Purab and Vrinda on the sofa's and a couple of my parent's age sitting in garden. All of gave us a look of clear disappointment but dad was more worried.

'You should have called us about your college, " he said.

"Sorry dad. It won't happen again," I smiled and turned to greet the Mehta couple. The lady was beautiful and handsome was the man, they both were looking calm but I can feel shaksham getting tensed and angry beside me.

"Hello, I'm sorry I took your son for while, " I apologised and they both smiled warmly at me.

"It wasn't your fault.  Shaksham should have known that he shouldn't be going on this important date," Mehta uncle looked at him warningly.
I saw him stood up quickly and he excused himself saying an excuse of getting freshen up. His father shook his head while his mother and Vrinda hold on their emotions for some reason.
I might be insensible some times but I can clearly sense a thick tension between shaksham and his father.

To clear the air around his mother spoke," so as you came Purvi,  you should know that we decided to tie them up in a life long punishment at the end of this month".
I was surprised to hear because from what I knew- it was only the engagement that the couple wanted. I looked at Purab and Vrinda and they both were blushing and shifting but watching each other lovingly. I smiled at them.

"That's great dad," I said and hugged my parents.

"But Mr. Oberoi don't you think it should be purvi instead of purab. I mean she's the eldest child," Mehta aunty said and I looked at her wide eyed.
Is she mad? Me and marriage is the idiotic combination ever. I can never expect anyone to say anything like that.

"She hasn't met her match yet. Once she will I will myself push her away," mydad said and I smiled at him tearfully. My mom and dad are the best.

----------------

Hey all, see I updated as I promised. Let's see how many more days iwould be able to stick on my promise :p