S E V E N T E E N

WRATH

"Ass", he growled. I furrowed my eyebrows at Chris, noticing he fell a sleep on couch. I scoffed, "Stop swearing in your sleep, douche", I spat. Christopher snored and kicked my shoulder. I was actually sitting beneath our couch.

I couldn't sleep.

In business, I've kept myself awake for several days without a blink. However, this was insane. I wanted to sleep.

I Just couldn't sleep! Why can't I take her out of my mind? Sleep Wrath Sleep. Tomorrow, when you'll go to work everything will be fine. I close my eye, I see her. I open them, I see her.

Kat.

I overheard what she said to Chris. How? How does she manages to stay so happy? Probably Wrath because she doesn't have problems in her life. Where as I? I don't have problems either, I have Disasters. No wonder I lack optimism.

Those words, 'If you are sad about one thing you lost , be grateful and thankful for what you already have'. Such wise words at such an early age.

When she bent down to pick up the tea bags, I rolled my eyes on assuming she' faking but when I saw her. Damn. Why does she have to hide it? that cleavage can capture captives! No one would leave the chance to actually touch her.

I clenched my fists when I thought of that. I saw her first, I deserve to touch her first. It was quite early at night, probably nine. Christopher decided to leave house for a tender drink.

Not long after, the door bell rang. I got up from the couch and raced for the door.

What the fuck was she doing here?

*

"Wrath!", she yelled as I tossed another vase across the room.

"Why the hell are you here, asshole!", I howled.

"I'm your mother Wrath I just came to see you. I just came to see my son", she sobbed. I threw another vase at the door she was standing adjacent to.

"Wrath stop it!", she covered her ears.

"Get out! get out of my life! you are not my Mother. You snatched his father from a ten year old you witch!", I spat.

I lifted the wooden table and smashed it to the wall. She gasped, "Wrath, stop please I plead you. I'd have to call the cops!", those fake crocodile tears. "Just tell me what have I done to deserve this? why can't we live like a normal family?", she whispered between tears.

"Family?", I spat at her feet, "Do you even know what family is, Ciara?"

I felt dizzy and my rage was exploded. I sat on the sofa throwing my head in my hands.

Why why why why why did this women had to show up? Why. I chanted to myself.

"Wrath, that house we stayed in London. I sold it", she sobbed.

"You what!? you whore ass why would you do that? Do you even know how much it cost? Fucking three million dollars!", I wailed over my lungs.

I dashed towards her and shook her grabbing her shoulders. I exhaled sharply, "You, sold the only thing dad left for us? Before you actually killed him?", I panted hard. She shook her head, "I din't kill your father, Wrath", she sobbed.

"You sold it for those man whores didn't you? huh ", I chuckled sarcastically.

"No Wrath I"

"You couldn't keep even a single memory of my dad with you? What are you, women!?", I cried.

"Because it was the house that's driving you insane! You need to get treated Wrath! You need a psychiatrist", she cupped my face.

I took the glass from my right and smashed it to the door again.

"Wrath Kamel is Crazy!? Insane!? Because he hates a murderer? Who turns out to be his mother?"

"No! Wrath, I had to sell the house. Not for money rather because its the house that's doing this. The memories you had in there", she sat on the couch, wiping her tears away.

I exhaled sharply, "Get the fuck out of my house", I whispered.

"First those burglars shot you dad to death when you were ten. I raised you with so much hardships when finally your uncle helped to make the documents to transfer Kamel enterprises at your name"

"Hardships? You faced hardships? Imagine facing everyone at school with a face yelling, 'My dad was murdered'", I sobbed.

"That house you lost your dad in. Where you lost the love of your life. I came to know that whilst you're staying here, you weren't so angry. On the contrary, when you're in London you'd kill anyone"

Love of my life.

"Sally", I whispered to myself.

"Yes. Sally. Trauma of your dad going away was just a beginning. You actually shattered when Sally left you", she sobbed approaching me.

"Don't! Don't fucking touch me", I said under gritted teeth.

"I sold the house. I also came to know that you have quite a few friends in this town. Christopher? I've heard he's Sally' brother. You should avoid Chri"

That's it!

"SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU A**HOLE! how dare you drag Chris in this? Stay the fuck away from my friends you murderer!", I yelled.

She backed up.

I inhaled sharply, "Now listen here Ciara. Reason why dad got killed was you pointed at him when they asked for money. If you had just gave them the money you saved we would've not suffered!", I cried.

"Baby that money was very important for"

"That money was to heat up your bed! Just for your whoremones! ", I yelled and she gasped.

"And Sally? She is just like you. I don't blame her to dumb me I blame you. She saw you and thought it was cool to be a slut. She left me!", I spat.

"And you were devastated Wrath"

"Shut your ass face! There is only one room in this apartment. I will arrange for a bigger house tomorrow because no matter what I won't let you be my slut! sleeping in one bedroom!"

"Wrath!", She slapped me.

"How dare you filthy nut sag!?", I yelled back. I raised my hand to hit her.

Kat. She would've done the same thing, wouldn't she? She does have problems at home I know as Chris told me. Did she ever?

I realized, No. I may call Ciara bad names, abuse her but I never raised my hand on a women. I may be bad, player, cheater, anything but not a coward. Only cowards raise their hand on women. I am not a coward.

She smiled,"At least you remember some of the values I gave you, Wrath"