S I X T E E N

KAT

"Okay okay thank you guys I get it!", I sighed.

It's been one whole day since the party ended. Guys just can't stop praising me! We all were chatting on our social networking site but Chris had to go somewhere. Mister grumpy was too popular for a site like this.

 Mister grumpy. He is being so awkward lately. I saw him staring me quite a couple of times but when I met his eyes he looks away.

Wrath. Nice name.

But he has so much hatred in him. Anger. Fury. His eyes, red most of the times. His tired eye bags, and dark circles. His cold face and bitter heart. I don't believe he's friend to some of the sweetest people I know.

I shook out of my thoughts when the phone rang. I picked it up and It was Ash. We kept talking and talking but then she mentioned the party and again, I spaced out thinking about Wrath staring me.

"Are you thinking about Abb?" 

I sighed, "Yes. Wait, fuck. No Ash. Never!", I gagged.

"I fucking knew it. You're such a cheater", she sassed. "Ash, I was not thinking about Abb", I protested. It was holiday today.

Ash' mother was out so she secretly called me. I think I was spaced out when she mentioned about guys. Out of all of them, why do I still think about Wrath?

"Okay bitch. Gotta go. Bye!", she hung up.

I spent my weekend in nothing but misery. Mum kept nagging me for nothing. She spiked my food with turmeric, which I'm allergic to. She even tried talking to Christopher at school. Probably back biting about me but as good person as Chris is, he said, 'If she were my sister, my mum would've been proud of her, Misses Rawrs'

Honest friends can  give you all the wealth you want.

 I realized I had to go grocery shopping. I had cleaned the house but my lazy mother couldn't go for grocery. I wore a casual outfit. I decided to drape over a red scarf in case it gets chilly.

 I decided to drape over a red scarf in case it gets chilly

No one knew, I had no driver. If I had to go to a certain place, mom drives me there. However, if she doesn't want to, Cab it is. Grocery store was 15 minutes away by walk.

I told Ash about my and mums fight last night. She said, 'Kat your friends are enough and best. You better fuck the rest'

When we're alone, I was like a chocolate factory to her but when the guys come around, she's so vulnerable.

My face had flushed red at the sight of guys staring me at the party. I felt loved but uncomfortable at the same time.

I reached the store and selected the items.

"Orange!"

Stab me in the face. Please.

"Christopher. Wow", I fake smiled. He was holding two boxes of corn flakes, "Yeah I came here for a bit grocery shopping. I and Wrath actually live together as room mates. We're out of stock so early"

"Oh", I nodded.

I din't knew how to react. I and Wrath never really talked. I don't even want to.

"Kat, you mind helping me around? I'm not good at this", he bit his lip. I smiled, "Sure Christopher"

Shopping with Christopher was fun. Well, I found out a way to make it fun. Whilst rolling our grocery trolleys I stood at the edge of one and skated all around. Then at the fish department, we had a fish sword fight. It was, fun.

"That was just Epic Kat. Thanks girl, you made my day. You're so fun to hang around with", he chuckled.

"Pleasure Chris. You seem, odd. What happened?", I panted from the fight we just had. He kind of got a bit sad again. Great Kat , give your self a pat. 

"Kat, now that I trust you as my friend, i can tell you", he whispered. I sighed, "Sally? ", I asked.

He looked up at me and smiled nervously. We were surrounded by different boxes of tea.

"Look Chris, I may not be a great adviser but you should avoid thinking about her. Except for being sad over things you don't have, try staying happy and grateful for what you already have", I smiled.

he lighted up a bit. "Like, If Sally is the problem, you should be happy you have friends you call brothers and sisters", I patted his shoulder.

"I actually deny calling girls as my sister", he shrugged.

"Sis. What? Huff! Fine, whatever. Just be happy. You have Tiger, Abb"

"Wrath?", he raised an eye brow.

"Yeah. Him too", I sighed.

"No Kat. I mean Wrath. He's standing behind you", he gulped.

I turned around and gasped when I saw him standing only few inches away. I immediately took few steps back to create distance.

He just nodded at my direction and I smiled.

"Where were you Christopher? I'm turning insane! I told you not to bring me here with you for stupid shopping! Thank God I found you", he howled in a whisper. Sexy.

"Wrath chill-ax and chill your ass. I was lost so I took help from Kat", he smiled.

"You. Need help? You're the one who always go shopping, you're so good at it", he smirked.

I shot Christopher a glare. Traitors.

We stood in the line to get our grocery done. I felt a bit chilly so I embraced my red scarf. I struggled to lift my belongings up.

"Here let me help you Kat", Chris offered.

"No Christopher. I can manage it myself", I smiled. He sighed, "There's no way you can carry all this stuff by yourself!", he shrugged.

"Chris, I'll manage", I pursed my lips. Wrath seemed amazed by my response unlike Chris who flexed his invisible muscles.

"Fine miss attitude, I'll go start the car Wrath. You bring the stuff", Chris sighed.

He was gone.

I and wrath stood there awkwardly. Wrath picked up his bags when suddenly a bag of tea fell on the ground. He was already carrying to much stuff so I decided to help.

I bent down to catch the bag of tea and scarf slipped off of my shoulder. Not completely, It was hanging on one shoulders. When I grabbed the bag and looked up to Wrath. Fuck.

He actually licked his lips and cleared his throat. My shirt neck was really deep and my collarbone was on display.

His eyes glued to my cleavage.

I kept the bag on the counter table and fixed the scarf as fast as possible. He snapped out of it and and moved his eyes away.

"Thank you", he nodded. I smiled, "No problem", as I handed him the bag of tea.