Chapter Two (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

While I was packing I found one of Mckenzie's socks in the bathroom. I rolled my eyes taking it and making a mental note to give it to her when she came back. I zipped up my suitcase and scanned over the room once more. When I was sure I'd taken everything I closed the door and found Candice and Victoria waiting for me.

We went down to the lobby, checking ourselves out of the hotel. We shared quick hugs and then went our separate ways. Candice went to her car that was parked across the street and she offered Victoria a lift home because she deemed Victoria too tipsy to drive.

I watched the silver Volvo drive off. I went to the trunk of my car and as I loaded my little suitcase in I heard a voice.

"Need some help with that, Megan?" I turned around and smiled at the familiar face lit in the evening light.

"Hey, elevator guy." I chuckled. "No, I'm good."

"It's Nathan but elevator guy works too." He grinned.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well, I was just on a pub crawl so I'm heading back to my hotel."

"Pub crawl alone?" I asked sceptically. Nathan chuckled and his smile reached his eyes, enclosing them.

"Sort of. I left my 'partners' at the last bar and decided to just head home." He shrugged.

"Walking?" I raised an eyebrow. "You know you could've just gotten a cab." I suggested.

"Well then I wouldn't be able to take in the beauty of your city at night."

"My city? What, aren't you from here?"

"No, I'm not. I'm in for business, in fact my stay here ends tomorrow." He looked me right in the eye as he spoke.

"That's a shame...I would've loved to give you a tour of my city." I smirked. Nathan grinned, running his tongue over his bottom lip quickly.

"Did I mention that I really like the people in this city?" he chuckled.

"No, but you can let me drive you the three blocks to your hotel and you can tell me about how much you like the people in my city, me included."

Nathan smiled at me, slowly tilting his head to the side. "I'll take you up on that offer." He replied.

I closed my trunk and went to the driver's side. Nathan got in the passenger's side and I started the car.

"Did you ever find your missing bridesmaid?" he asked me.

"Yes, I did. It all went pretty well. Although now that I think about it, too well, now I have to go back to my boring old job tomorrow."

"What do you do, Megan?" Nathan asked as I drove in the direction of the Townsend Hotel.

"I'm an ER doctor at the local hospital but you didn't really wanna know that, did you?" I gave a quick glance over to the passenger side. Nathan chuckled. "But humour me," I continued. "What do you do?"

I pulled up on the curb outside the Townsend after the quick three block drive. I looked over at Nathan who still hadn't answered my question.

"I'm in the mining industry." He replied.

"I know nothing about mining." Nathan paused, he seemed to be thinking.

"If you're interested I could give you a quick crash course on what my job entails over a glass of wine." His face was relaxed but his lips had a slight upward curve.

"Are you inviting me up to your room?" I asked even though I knew he was.

"I am."

I turned off the ignition and looked back at Nathan and his mischievous blue eyes.

"Lead the way." I said.

We got out of the car and I followed Nathan into the Townsend. We went straight to the elevator after greeting the woman at the front desk in the lobby.

Much to our delight we were alone in the elevator as it ascended to the thirteenth floor. I wasn't surprised at all when I felt Nathan pull me to him and his lips brush against mine. The kiss didn't last long because the elevator dinged and we were out of there in a hurry.

I laughed at Nathan as he fumbled with the key card to open the door to his room. When he finally got it open we stepped inside and closed the door behind us hurriedly.

I felt the cold wood of the door pressed against my bare back as Nathan pinned me to it, his lips hungrily on mine. I couldn't help the moan that escaped my lips when his hands roamed all the way down my back.

I unbuttoned his shirt in the little space that was between us. I ran my hand down his bare chest, feeling every dip and elevation of muscle.

"So you still up for that glass of wine?" Nathan mumbled against my lips.

"Screw the wine." I purred, putting my arms around his neck to pull him in for another kiss.

There was only one place this was all headed and I knew that when Nathan unzipped my dress and it fell in a puddle of cream and lace at my feet.

"Bedroom." Nathan breathed as he ran his tongue up my neck. Another moan escaped my lips and I found myself feeling torturously eager.

"Or you can take me right here." My reply was met with multiple nips at the soft skin on my neck.

"Sounds like a plan."