Chapter Two (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

I nodded to the DJ while Mason went to get the chair off of the dancefloor. A soft melody started playing from the speakers. It filled the reception hall and I saw Connor offer Mckenzie his hand. She took it and rested her head on his shoulder as they started dancing to the song.

They gently swayed along as the song played.

Dance me to your beauty with a burning violin
Dance me through the panic 'til I'm gathered safely in
Lift me like an olive branch and be my homeward dove
And dance me to the end of love
Dance me to the end of love

The song was without a doubt beautiful. Dance me to the end of by The Civil Wars. Mckenzie had told me that it was her and Connor's song. It was the song they'd danced to on their first date and the song they'd danced to the night he proposed so naturally it was the perfect song for them to dance to on their wedding night.

Oh let me see your beauty when the witnesses are gone
Let me feel you moving like they do in Babylon
Show me slowly what I only know the limits of
And dance me to the end of love
Please dance me to the end of love

It was really sweet to watch the way they looked at each other. I was so happy that my best friend had found someone that made her happy, someone that loved her, someone she believed to be her soulmate. I wasn't a huge believer in soulmates and true love or whatever but Mckenzie was and that was enough for me to know that she and Connor were made for each other.

Dance me to the wedding now; dance me on and on
Dance me very tenderly and dance me very long
We're both of us beneath our love, we're both of us above

And dance me to the end of love
Please dance me to the end love

The song ended and the couple shared a quick kiss. Mckenzie's dad moved to the dancefloor to dance with his daughter. Instead of letting Connor get off the dancefloor alone, Mckenzie's mother went to dance with him as the new song played. It was a very sweet gesture considering Connor's own mother couldn't put her distaste for her new daughter-in-law aside long enough to come support her son at his wedding.

The rest of the night kind of seemed to rush by. Soon the dancefloor was filled with couples dancing but then later on everyone was dancing to the cool music that was playing. Mckenzie and Connor said their goodbyes not long after and they left for their flight to go start their honeymoon in Spain.

They didn't give a little thank you speech because we'd set up gifts for the guests that included a note of thanks.

The open bar had gone busy and then seemed to be deserted less than an hour later. I was chatting to too many people to even remember what half of the conversations were about. My feet were starting to hurt and I actually just wanted to leave. Since my job was technically done and the bride and groom had left happy, I could spend the rest of the night doing whatever I wanted.

"Are you heading home?" I asked Candice as she stood with me and Victoria near the bar. She nodded.

"Yeah, I mean almost everyone has left so I think I'm gonna head out as well." She replied. Victoria looked around and shrugged.

"I think we can all go really, nobody's gonna notice or care. Besides I still have to get my stuff from the suite." She chuckled sheepishly.

"Yeah, me too." I scratched the back of my neck. "I'm actually gonna head up now. You guys coming?"

The two nodded. We left the reception hall and headed to the elevators. When we got to our floor we were in our rooms quickly. The whole day we hadn't gotten a chance to clear out of our hotel rooms. I quickly packed my clothes into the small suitcase I'd come with the day before.